Bullnose Forums

Do You Like The New Navigation Menu?

Gary Lewis
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Folks - Given the problems some were having with the navigation menu I've changed the layout of the site and have gone with the mobile-style menu for everyone. I hope you like it, or at least don't hate it, but I think it will be more functional.

Also, there may be a few pages that have a cup of coffee or some other header on them. I'm cleaning them up, but if you find one please tell me.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a step in the right direction, but I think the button should be at the far left corner so all (or most of) the menu options can fit from left to right. Also, instead of the subsequent options popping up underneath the first navigation bar, they should be drop downs, kind of like the previous one was. Just my input.

So far so good. If we like this "step in the right direction" I can explore some others themes that help with the other things.

I agree that the Garagemahal links got in the way if you got too close, and this does seem to fix that.

Anyway, keep those cards and letters coming in! 👌

Mixed review here, simply because I am a mobile user. I love it in every respect until I am editing within a text box and I need to scroll. The menu pulls down and leaves about 3/16" of the text box and I am left trying to scroll the tiny sliver of screen between the key pad and the menu. It can still be done but just barely. I'm not sure what to suggest as a fix, I'm just reporting my experience. The menu itself is awesome and very convenient.

Mixed review here, simply because I am a mobile user. I love it in every respect until I am editing within a text box and I need to scroll. The menu pulls down and leaves about 3/16" of the text box and I am left trying to scroll the tiny sliver of screen between the key pad and the menu. It can still be done but just barely. I'm not sure what to suggest as a fix, I'm just reporting my experience. The menu itself is awesome and very convenient.

Jonathan - You are using an Android? I'm on an iPhone and iPad and don't have any problems with the text box, much less the menu. In fact, for me the change may have fixed the text-box scrolling issue.

So, can you take a screenshot of the problem? And tell me what device you are using? And the browser?

And, if you are having problems I fear Jim will as well. So we will need to fix this one or find another approach. 😳

Jonathan - You are using an Android? I'm on an iPhone and iPad and don't have any problems with the text box, much less the menu. In fact, for me the change may have fixed the text-box scrolling issue.

So, can you take a screenshot of the problem? And tell me what device you are using? And the browser?

And, if you are having problems I fear Jim will as well. So we will need to fix this one or find another approach. 😳

Hi Gary, I am using iPhone 7 plus and Safari. Here is what I see when I go to edit my last post and scroll down (pulls down the menu bar).

IMG_5458.png.f6e0b4e514e96743d203d1ff72251470.png

I don't understand why you have the Gary's Garagemahal always showing. Here's what I see from my iPhone 6 and Safari. I wonder if there's a setting?

IMG_6856.thumb.png.a7ee2caa618210b16b6fe8065a71438b.png

I don't understand why you have the Gary's Garagemahal always showing. Here's what I see from my iPhone 6 and Safari. I wonder if there's a setting?

On my old windows PC I like the menu now as I can see the full menu.

I don't know how it was before on a phone as I did not try but will try now and report back.

Thanks

Dave ----