Bullnose Forums

Second Chance 85 Flareside

kristopherdb

My project is a 1985 F150 4x4 4 Speed Manual Flareside truck. This truck will be staying with me for the long haul as it was the first rig I ever drove and got my learning permit in. She ran a lot better as I remember and sure looked a lot better back then. Her name is Second Chance because she has been sitting for 14 years, no love, no TLC, no maintenance or care. Not because a new truck had came in and this one just sat just another victim of alcohol abuse and its aftermath. I grew up in this home to and turned out fine, so now "Second Chance" (now that she is mine and 300 miles away from the neglect) will also have a chance to be her best.

Turning this old abandoned farm truck into a nice cruising the car shows is my goal. I have support from my wife to do what I can to make it a cruiser, my dream is to pull up to our local drive in on a Friday night and take my wife for an ice cream cone in her. She has a long way to go!! 20637798_1360625047380048_460304166388391755_n.jpg.816072311559847a55d34a983490bfa3.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The inside is rough too, cats allowed to use the passenger window to hide from the weather for 10 years:nabble_smiley_argh:

Has gauges and factory A/C. Apparently a Custom as it has the black weave instrument and radio bezels. Good bones!

Don't know if you've found it, but you can decode the certification label on the driver's door post by going to Specification/Certification Label in the navigation menu. That's interactive and will let you determine the transmission, springs, axle ratio, paint color, etc.

Has gauges and factory A/C. Apparently a Custom as it has the black weave instrument and radio bezels. Good bones!

Don't know if you've found it, but you can decode the certification label on the driver's door post by going to Specification/Certification Label in the navigation menu. That's interactive and will let you determine the transmission, springs, axle ratio, paint color, etc.

2017-08-10_20.jpg.ac950eadcc11c1280a17f7c8acc2e660.jpg

That's going to take some work to get in shape. But, we will be with you. 👍

Welcome to the forum.

The truck looks solid, only surface rust, it's when you got to start replacing floors, rockers, door posts and cab corners and that is just the cab the bed is a whole different story!

From 2 years ago body work is done on the cab and the inside painted now.

80_Right_Rear001.jpg.6227b2428e4c2b7026b34deec394e51f.jpg

Dave ----