Bullnose Forum

In Over My Head?

Lincoln

Welcome!

Me personally, I would buy every bullnose I could find locally for $510 in that condition.  Worst case scenario, you'd be surprised at how much you can make parting out an older truck locally and on ebay.  But I agree with Gary, you buying it depends on your goals and your mechanical ability or at least your willingness to spend time and effort learning how to work on it.  Spending more on something that already at least starts up results in a lot less headache up front.  But, my dad says we all have our own form of brain damage, and my brain damage is dragging home cheap non-running stuff just like this.  Which is why I have 11 vehicles at my house, only 6 of which currently run and drive.  (7 of the 11 are Ford trucks, 4 of the 7 Fords run and drive and are road-legal.)

Also, look at that brake pedal, doesn't appear to be hardly worn which could indicate pretty low miles.  And that camper shell?  Might be hiding a pristine bed inside.  It's way too far away for me, but I would enjoy seeing more pictures of this gem.  

7 hours ago, thelastkeg said:

you'd be surprised at how much you can make parting out an older truck locally and on ebay.

Sum of parts is usually more than 2-4x what the whole truck may bring -- that is the fate of a Bullnose that needs help.  That much is clear....

I asked people on Facebook once if I should part out a truck with mild frame damage or not... and was told by someone on Facebook that "parting out a fixable truck with a title is a trip straight down" so that has haunted me for a while :nabble_thinking-26_orig: but I did part out that truck anyway as my Bronco needed an engine desperately... 😂 In my case, one truck helping another was my justification.

Edited by viven44