Bullnose Forum

What Color Should The Buttons Be?

What Color Should These Buttons Be?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Primary button? (It is currently the default blue.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  2. 2. Alternate button? (It is currently green.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  3. 3. Normal button? (It is currently yellow.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  4. 4. Important button? (It is currently red.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  5. 5. Light button? (It is currently a light blue.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other

5 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

The paint charts are actually chips so they aren't really printed. 

I see... its all from the scanner then...

For example

- if I used the paint chips from 1985 Late, it identified the hex for Bright Canyon Red as #C7333F

- if I used the paint chips from 1985 Early, it identified the hex for Bright Canyon Red as #B4383E

In fact, depending which pixel I picked, I got a slightly different result :nabble_anim_crazy:

image.jpeg.430d7f07ae1bdbb21050a1c236471963.jpeg

Edited by viven44

Speaking off going off hex values.....

I've been banned by my favorite paint shop from bringing old truck parts to get a paint match.... They are used to getting a paint code on a modern vehicle from me, just going off the "hex" they can find in the system... its always spot on.. 

the straw that broke the camel's back was my bronco.. for the various touch ups I had to do, poor guys had to mix 3 different shades (I paid them for all the work so I don't know why they got so mad :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:) to match various locations on it that were shaded differently from the years of varying sun exposure and patina in clear coat... still not perfect as my hood is slightly darker on one side than I like for it to be 🤯

Edited by viven44

1 hour ago, Gary Lewis said:

So my suggestion is to delete the 1963 chart from the Paint Charts tab and put links to the yearly charts there.  That way people can click on the link w/o having to go to the Adverts & Brochures page and scrolling down and then clicking on the year.  Does that make sense?

Yep, this makes sense.

In fact, that would be my first searching reflex.

But maybe add a page in "Documentation/Exterior/Paint Colors", with just a short text that explains where to find this information?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viven44 said:

In fact, depending which pixel I picked, I got a slightly different result

Vivek, just before you gave the code to Gary, I followed similar path on the web.

I found this solid color chip, which looks pretty similar to Big Brother's Bright Canyon Red:

IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.89cbd87c7c33cd55e0c38c5040834072.jpeg

I used this web tool and I obtained a slightly different code than yours:

IMG_1903.jpeg.70c2260b3401c99592cedd6b2a611a9f.jpeg

But we all know that, depending the device or the monitor, colors perception vary.  I find that your code is really good, looking at the new red Gary applied to Important Buttons.

10 hours ago, viven44 said:

Maybe monitor to monitor differences ?

Possible.

Recently, we noticed at my office that, on a computer equipped with three different brands monitors, the RGB color picker gave three different results for a same color chip, depending on which monitor we take it.

We concluded that it's not relying on the graphic card, but it is sensitive to the monitor.  We were really surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBrother-84 said:

We were really surprised.

Just curious, what hex does your color picker tool identify the color on the 'Reply to this topic' button as ?

Edited by viven44