Bullnose Forum

Bricknose Door Panels in Bullnose

Waylon109

I’m not sure if anyone has brought this up before (I’m sure they have, I just can’t find it) but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to retrofit Bricknose door cards in the Bullnose doors. I like the styling of those a bit better.  If they won’t fit, has anyone ever tried to cover their Bullnose door cards in vinyl like newer vehicles.  I know I can attempt to do that but I’d like to get the Bricks in there if I can. 

My 1990 F350 came to me with bullnose doors and bricknose panels installed on it. I don't remember them fitting weird or anything since most of the stuff lines up, but I can't speak for whether they hit the bullnose dash or not. They are raised in that area, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

The armrest support is in a different spot on the bricknose trucks, which means you'll need to source that support from a bricknose in order to be able to utilize the mounting screw next to the armrest.

The vent window frame is wider on a bricknose than a bullnose, so you may end up with a larger gap at the window beltline seals that may allow more water into the door than normal.

The beltline seals mount differently to the bricknose door panel than the bullnose ones do, so you'll need to make sure your new door panel has those. 

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. 

Edited by salans7
Fixing things that would make my English teachers cringe.
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate the information, folks. I think I might have a go at wrapping my door panels in “leatherette” vinyl when I get to that point. I’m still in the process of getting my engine running again after I took the manifolds off to clean and paint them.  I needed a new gasket for them anyway.  I am converting the manifold bolts to studs, though, and there’s no kit that I’ve been able to find. If y’all would like, I could document my progress and the hardware needed so that other guys with a 300 can benefit from the info. I think the manifolds came out well though.

IMG_5975.jpeg

I was going to use bricknose door panels on Darth, but ended up going with aeronose because of the dash. The aeronose wing vents are truncated at the front in order to clear the instrument pod on the left and the defroster blled on the right. I did transfer the armrest supports due to the higher position. I also used the rear doors from a 1996 crewcab, I replaced all the plastic inner handles with metal ones and kept the 1986 door latches and rods, so no stretching cables.