Bullnose Forums

Are Any Of You An SEO Guru?

Recently I had a guy on Facebook tell me there is no place on the internet with information regarding such and so on a Bullnose truck.  I told him that I begged to differ and gave him a link right to what he was looking for.  He was happy but said that his searches had not turned up our site.

Given that I'm thinking it is time that we spend a bit of effort getting the search engines to find us.  So I'm hoping that one or more of you are Search Engine Optimization gurus and can help us become known on the internet.

No IT guy (again 🫣) but the only search engine optimization I am aware of involves writing a check to Google 🤣

I think search engines turn up results based on what the user is looking for... to put it bluntly, our forum is going to attract the people that are real bullnose nuts

Just try searching for the things below on Google :classic_cool:

1) 1984 F150 won't start

2) 1984 F150 PMGR starter upgrade

Sorry Gary, this forum is your cyber-self. Do we really want to optimize it ? 😉

Edited by viven44

Vivek - There's real science in SEO.  As this page says, "SEO utilizes things like keywords, internal and external links, and optimized content to help search engines find content and rank websites higher on search engine results pages (SERPs)."  I have a book on SEO, but it is probably way out of date and I don't really have time to implement it.

But we could use SEO on both the website and the forum.  Those are two different websites and need special treatment specific to them.  So if someone out there is a guru we could use the help.

Thanks for patiently explaining Gary. I do think there is A LOT of room for optimization... I tried several other queries... all of them lead almost all the time to the "other forum" when there is clearly more 80-86 documentation here.... I wish I knew more how to help here.

Edited by viven44

Yes, there is a whole lot of improvement that could be made.  Years ago I subscribed to SEMRUSH and it has gathered a lot of info.  In addition Google is tracking the traffic to the sites, plural.  So we have some info, but I don't know what to do with it.  For instance, here is something from SEMRUSH:

SEMRUSHScreenshot.thumb.jpg.4850bbd68e0cc281c457b83faf100311.jpg

IMHO, appealing more members could be nice, considering that half of us never posted, and less than 5% have a relatively constant activity.

BUT I suggest that we go step by step:  First, fine tune this new toy, the way we register, it's arrangement, subjects sorting, etc.

And THEN we could look how we can pop up more efficiently on Google searches.

I still can't get over how many guests are there looking at all the different posts here so we have a lot of traffic ! And I'm the Brown Bear look at all of them :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

And I know you are against Ads, Gary but Google Adsense provides a lot of statistics and website optimization tips from what I have heard to attract Google traffic.... (Well as much as I'd to hope not..... they have vested interest in sending traffic to websites that use their services !!!!) 

Jim - I want people to be able to find the documentation and discussions we have.  The documentation isn't there just to give us something to refer people to, but for people to be able to answer their own questions.  So I want them to be able to find it.  And if that means more traffic that's fine.  It doesn't raise our costs any and serves the purpose.

Jeff - Yes, we need to go step by step.  This new forum has a lot of bells and whistles we need to research.  But the website with the documentation has been there for years and isn't being utilized fully.  I'd like to have someone that knows SEO help us to help others answer their questions.

Vivek - No ads.  (You probably understand British English, and that last character is a "full stop".)  There are plenty of ways to get statistics w/o adverts.  There are lots of free things we can do to make the bots find us and we should do those.

Gary, right you are sir!

I wasn't recommending that we turn on Ads... just stating the uphill battle we have vs. others that have Ads where traffic might be directed to..

Here is something I found... maybe better understood by minds that know "CSS" and "Javascript". I have no idea what those are...

SEO Starter Guide: The Basics | Google Search Central  |  Documentation  |  Google for Developers