Bullnose Forums

Clean Up The New Forum! Use New-Found Features!

Gary Lewis

I think you have the option to "delete reply", but I'm an admin so I don't know if that appears for everyone.

I think we can clean up the stickies by putting picture gallery as a sub folder of projects, consolidate all the website and forum discussions the same way and make how to's a sub folder of the garage and workshop heading.

There are more but that would cut at least six stickies and get rid of a lot of crap that's taking up space at the top of the forum.

Also make the forum stickers thread (w/ a measly 1k views) a sticky inside the marketplace heading..

4 hours ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

I think you have the option to "delete reply", but I'm an admin so I don't know if that appears for everyone.

I think we can clean up the stickies by putting picture gallery as a sub folder of projects, consolidate all the website and forum discussions the same way and make how to's a sub folder of the garage and workshop heading.

There are more but that would cut at least six stickies and get rid of a lot of crap that's taking up space at the top of the forum.

Also make the forum stickers thread (w/ a measly 1k views) a sticky inside the marketplace heading..

Jim - I'll work on this today and let's see how "clean" we can make it.  But the change Chris made to the CSS hid the descriptions and helped a lot.

5 hours ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

I think if the sub-forums can be below the main threads that would be easy. Every time I'm on the forum I have to scroll down all the way through dormant areas of the forum to get to where the action is 👀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, viven44 said:

I think if the sub-forums can be below the main threads that would be easy. Every time I'm on the forum I have to scroll down all the way through dormant areas of the forum to get to where the action is 👀

I'm not sure you are using the full potential of the InVision platform.  For instance, DwayneMB has just posted in Home/Forum & Website Discussions/Website & Forum Suggestion Box, but you probably missed that because you aren't subscribed to that forum.  Here are a couple of ways you can see that he posted:

1. As you scroll down past the "static" forums note that on the right it shows when the last post was, and on the left there's an icon that shows if you've read it or not.

2. At the top of the page there's a blue ribbon:
    1. On a desktop or tablet you can click Activity and then click All Activity, My Activity Streams with several options, Unread Content, or Content I Started.
    2. On a mobile device there's a newspaper looking icon in the blue ribbon that lets you decide what content to view.

Not saying you have to do that, but there is a whole lot of functionality that will take some time to understand and use.

Gary, I saw that post... the forum does highlight the new posts a darker color, the activity tab is nice... so all that is good...  still wonder why the sub-forum section is so huge... a lot of scrolling wasn't necessary on Nabble.

Don't know... maybe InVision allows to add a "collapse/develop" button?

But if possible, the NMSH thread should stay visible all the time.

Kind of:

Forum-Arrow.thumb.jpg.b245a3be7fb284d54b750da4eedf4a0b.jpg

Forum-Collapse.thumb.jpg.b63f0abe9a76f6d8ceee22b5ef8222a2.jpg

Forum.thumb.jpg.de08d4f04793c7e0296251e183c6670f.jpg

EDIT:

I'm still wondering why we cannot get rid of these "sub-menus details".  «Adventures/Trips» doesn't have any.

It could hep to save some space...

SubMenus.thumb.jpg.65f6e61387130c1b22ae624566daef40.jpg

8 hours ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

Ok, made most of Jim's suggested changes.  However I think there is something better to be done with the stickies instead of placing them in Marketplace.  But I don't know what that is - yet.

And I changed the description of the Bullnose Forum itself from 20 point to 14 point font as well as changed the verbiage itself from:

This forum is dedicated to 1980-86 Ford pickups and Broncos. Here you can ask questions about these trucks, make comments about yours or those of others, and help others sort out issues with theirs. Or, if you are just looking for documentation it is there in the navigation menu above.

To:

Dedicated to 1980-86 Ford pickups and Broncos. Ask questions, make comments, and help others sort out issues with their trucks. And the documentation needed is in the navigation menu above.

So, are we making progress?  Better ideas?

• Like 1

It was a hassle to get back in…here…for the longest time it could not find me, then rejected my old password, then told me I had no email associated with the account.  BUIT then an email showed up unexpectedly. I had to reset my password,,,now I am in.

• Like 1

I'm aligned with all the changes Jeff suggested. While I think it is a good idea to have direct links to sub folders, the display of them all in the main page makes it very "busy".

Update: Well actually it looks a lot cleaner now...

Edited by viven44
  • Like 1