Bullnose Forums

G'Day from WA (West Oz)

Oly

G'day y'all

getting my 84 SWB 4x4 back on the road after destroying the planetary gears in the transfer case, had the rig about 6 years and replacing everything slowly, on the 3rd 250 crossflow motor in it, after I blew the first one it came with up, after I found the previous owner left a push rod in the sump and destroyed a piston and cylinder wall

28796051_10155895861805733_3749766157490454528_n.thumb.jpg.44d64a305b729101fb06aa77cf615513.jpg

the beer runner

G'day, Oly! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

250 crossflow? We didn't get that one here. Tell us more about it?

And where in Western Australia are you? We have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, but don't have anyone else in WA. However, you can be on it if you'd like - just give us the city or postal code.

Welcome Oly! :nabble_waving_orig:

That's mighty impressive.

If a keg of beer weighs the same as it does here in the States you have almost 875 kilos in a short bed! 😳

We never did get the cross flow or the Cleveland engines here in the US, but other than right hand drive the chassis and body are much the same.

Edit: I miscounted, there are 14 not 12 kegs of beer. 🤯

If a keg of beer weighs the same as it does here in the States you have almost 875 kilos in a short bed! 😳

We never did get the cross flow or the Cleveland engines here in the US, but other than right hand drive the chassis and body are much the same.

Jim, I count 15 kegs.

The boys down under got some really neat engines we couldn't get here. Just think what a 300 crossflow would have been like.

Here in the States they're 160# a piece..... so like 75 kilos.

That's a good party! 🥴

Probably headed to a Rugby or Cricket match!!

Welcome :nabble_waving_orig:

I counted 14 at first but there are 15. I counted the first 7 and just assumed there should be twice that... there is another sneaky Keg there.

On 9/16/2024 at 6:04 PM, Gary Lewis said:

G'day, Oly! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

250 crossflow? We didn't get that one here. Tell us more about it?

And where in Western Australia are you? We have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, but don't have anyone else in WA. However, you can be on it if you'd like - just give us the city or postal code.

Hey Gazza, I got the motor off a guy who built it up for a Ford Cortina race car, it's a 4.1L with a solid cam and roller rockers.

I'm in the port town of Fremantle near Perth Western Australia

On 9/16/2024 at 6:38 PM, BigBrother-84 said:

Welcome Oly!

I presume that Beer Runner isn't equipped with direct tubing to the cabin and tank selector switch?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Not yet BigBro 😉 I have seen the whisky dispenser put in a glove box and powered by a window washer motor, next mod...

On 9/16/2024 at 10:19 PM, ArdWrknTrk said:

I think it was 930kgs 15 kegs of beer for the build crew of a burning man festival I started here in WA 

On 9/16/2024 at 10:29 PM, 85lebaront2 said:

Jim, I count 15 kegs.

The boys down under got some really neat engines we couldn't get here. Just think what a 300 crossflow would have been like.

Yeah she is awesome, great torque, good for 4x4ing

On 9/16/2024 at 10:32 PM, ArdWrknTrk said:

Here in the States they're 160# a piece..... so like 75 kilos.

That's a good party! 🥴

50L what ever that is in freedom units so about 62kgs so all up about 930 kgs, just shy of a ton

On 9/18/2024 at 7:55 AM, 85lebaront2 said:

Oly, I don't suppose you have seen a red LHD Shelby GT350 around. Current owner is in Sydney NSW.

That's like asking someone in San Fran if they have seen a car in West Virginia haha, plenty of awesome cars here in West Oz though, mining $$$

On 9/17/2024 at 1:06 AM, viven44 said:

Probably headed to a Rugby or Cricket match!!

Welcome :nabble_waving_orig:

I counted 14 at first but there are 15. I counted the first 7 and just assumed there should be twice that... there is another sneaky Keg there.

Rugby is an east coast thing here in Oz, this was for a festival I ran, work hard play harder 🙂

5 hours ago, Oly said:

Hey Gazza, I got the motor off a guy who built it up for a Ford Cortina race car, it's a 4.1L with a solid cam and roller rockers.

I'm in the port town of Fremantle near Perth Western Australia

You are now on the map.  As for the racing Cortinas, I've seen a lot of video showing them to be very competitive.