Bullnose Forums

Vent window hinge adhesive?

I'm pretty sure that hinge is spot welded to the window frame before powder coating, unless you are talking about the urethane that bonds the glass into the frame itself.

unfortunately, Jim is correct. not unfortunate for Jim, the small tab is spot welded to the steel frame. it is best to get another vent window at this point. it's a bit involved to replace depending on skill level of course.

repairing will require total disassembly and it is much less down time if another is available to just swap.

unfortunately, Jim is correct. not unfortunate for Jim, the small tab is spot welded to the steel frame. it is best to get another vent window at this point. it's a bit involved to replace depending on skill level of course.

repairing will require total disassembly and it is much less down time if another is available to just swap.

There was a vent window assembly (the whole thing, with the front track for the main window going to the bottom of the door) on U-techcenter, but I just looked and can't find it amongst their thousands of items on eBay.... 🤷‍♂️

There was a vent window assembly (the whole thing, with the front track for the main window going to the bottom of the door) on U-techcenter, but I just looked and can't find it amongst their thousands of items on eBay.... 🤷‍♂️

Ok, never easy.

I had the driver's door apart last week to replace the regulator and felts, so not the end of the world.

Back to the junkyard it is!