Bullnose Forums

Hello from So. Utah- 1986 F250 4x4

Hello All,

Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. To introduce myself, I’ve grown up in Southern Utah and still love semi-local. Grew up helping on my Grandpa’s farm where I was first introduced to and fell in love with the bullnose fords. My Grandpa had an 82 or 83 f150 with the inline 6 and 4 speed. We went everywhere in that thing. My grandpa bought it new off the lot and it’s still in the family (my brother has it now) We calculated out all the driving from when the odometer quit in 1992 and we estimate that truck has done over 400k miles without a rebuild. Sure the carb was held on with baling wire but it still started everyday and went to work. But that's where it all started regarding Bullnose Fords.

Ever since those days of my youth riding around in bullnose and brick nose Fords, I’ve had a soft spot for them. I’ve owned 4 bricks so far, 1 of which was the 7.3 IDI and that’s where I fell in love with the IDI motors. So long story shorter, I finally find myself in possession of a 1986 F250 XL 4x4 with the 6.9 IDI (n/a) mated to a C6 transmission. It’s got a beautiful blue and grey Victoria two-tone paint and other than a bent door and small spots of rust on the surface of panels, it’s rust free and straight bodied. It should be a good truck when I can track down all the fuel leaks and upgrade the glow plug system, but it cranks right up and is happy to go drive around town.

Thanks again for letting me join to learn and provide some input as well!

IMG_1800.jpeg.f96ded4139596fd715d43430b2ce65b3.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum!! Thats wonderful history you have with the Blue Oval trucks!!

Our family has some history like that with the Bowtie trucks (not sure how I ended up with Fords, but that's all I seem to like or find in good shape!!)...

Welcome to the Forum!! Thats wonderful history you have with the Blue Oval trucks!!

Our family has some history like that with the Bowtie trucks (not sure how I ended up with Fords, but that's all I seem to like or find in good shape!!)...

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Gorgeous truck Hayden. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm always envious of how well they last in the southwest!

Thank you Jim!

This truck started life in Texas and then moved up to Montana for most of it's life. Only in the last decade or so has it been in Southern Utah. Where I live we get plenty of snow and Utah likes to use salt so I'm surprised it has almost zero rust on it at this point. Especially around the wheel wells!

Thank you Vivek!

I'm sort of in the same boat. My family has been in bowties since the 20's/30's as all the old photos were of Chevys and there's still an old frame and hub from some wooden spoked chevy down at the farm still. I think Ford just was the better deal in the 80's and my grandpa ordered two trucks 6-8 years apart. Everything else he's had has been Chevy though!

I second Jim's vote on being a beautiful truck. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome, Hayden! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

As the others said, that's a really nice truck. And a great story.

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. What town in Southern Utah?