Bullnose Forums

Under Cowl Rubber Plugs - Still Available?

If you remove the cowl to clean the air plenum, there are two rubber plugs/grommets that are hidden by the cowl. They're way out by the fenders and if you remove them, you can see where any water that enters the plenum is directed out.

Does anyone know if these plugs are still available? Mine are pretty stiff from being subjected to 40+ years of the southwest's heat. The driver's side plug has this number: E0TB-10020A51-AA. A Google search reveals nothing (prolly because it's a Ford Engineering Number). I would assume that the passenger side has a similar number because it's a mirror image of the driver's side.

TIA.

Thanks CJ

Mine have gotten stiff but I can still get them to seat in the openings. They just seem to be really hard to find.

I will give you and anyone else with a Bullnose a suggestion. The issue with the drains clogging is caused by leaves falling (or being blown) through the cowl grille slots, Ford changed this in 1987 by going to one that has lots of little holes. On a Bullnose, a piece of screen, preferably plastic, cut to fit, will keep the leaves out, but still let plenty of air in.

I can't claim credit for this idea, I saw it on a Chevy 1 ton van while I had the front and part of the engie disassembled.