Bullnose Forums

We Are Moving On Sept 17th!

You may see this same post elsewhere, but I just want to make sure everyone see it.

If you look up above there's now a banner that says:

On Sept 17th we are moving from Nabble to InVision. As of midnight on the 16th the Nabble forum will be locked so that no one can post. We may be down most of the 15th, but when we come back up, right here, you should be able to log in with your existing ID & PW.

We don't know how long this will take, and I'm sure there will be glitches along the way, but it is going to be well worth it!

(I was WRONG when I said the 15th!)

This sounds like the many times they moved us at work between campuses, or buildings, and told us to box all our belongings. All computers, desks would be setup. All we would need to do is unbox when we got to the new building/section.

Hopefully everyone makes it through !!! and for the ones that come back after a while it will be a shock I'm sure and I'm really glad we kept the same URL :nabble_anim_claps:

Dumb question, but I haven't been reading the mail, so forgive me: all the current threads on the forum will exist on the new platform, correct?

Yes, everything comes over. All of the posts, all of your points, joining dates, etc. EVERYTHING. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dumb question, but I haven't been reading the mail, so forgive me: all the current threads on the forum will exist on the new platform, correct?

Yes, everything comes over. All of the posts, all of your points, joining dates, etc. EVERYTHING. :nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_anim_claps:

But wait, what about our unique emoticons? I mean, what would we do without :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:?

:nabble_anim_claps:

But wait, what about our unique emoticons? I mean, what would we do without :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:?

I know that there is a way to insert emoticons, so we'll put that in the "fine tuning" category. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jeff has suggested that we have a thread, pinned to the top, for suggestions and issues that come up after the conversion. I'll do that 'cause I have it in the migration steps page.

Speaking of the steps, one of them has me setting the forum to "offline" status while the work is being done. That means that only Admins and Moderators will be able to see it. The reason for that is because there is no easy way to prevent people from posting if they can see it, and we don't want people posting while we are working on it.