Bullnose Forums

1980-1996 Styleside Bed Floor

Spent an hour reading hundreds of posts, and I just want to confirm something before I put in an order.

Nowhere can I find a complete new Bed Floor that supposedly fits from 1980 to 1996 F150 8 ft box.

17 years of trucks and no one makes a reproduction blows my mind.

If I read some posts correctly a 73-79 Bed Floor will work, except the corrugations are different. If that's the deal, I can easily live with that. I have sourced all the other body components from LMC and NPD.

Is there anything else that will surprise me or bite me in the ass?

Thx so much.

Dwayne

That's a big sheet of metal that's not going to ship anything but FOB and just crating it is going to cost as much as the stamped metal itself.

IIRC I replaced the entirety of my bed floor with 18x48(?) panels from Mill Supply

Plastic drop in bedliner+30 years of sand grinding away under there.... :nabble_smiley_hurt:

It really wasn't bad piecing them together.

I used the Fitzee "cut & butt" method of laying them over each other and using the .045 disc at an angle to get a tight scribed joint.

If I read some posts correctly a 73-79 Bed Floor will work, except the corrugations are different.

I had a think about this, and the things that came to mind were that the wheelbase is 4" longer and the frames are far different.

I suppose if you have a welder and enough ability to replace the floor it shouldn't be a big deal to fill some bolt holes and broach some new ones to fit the bed bolts. (I usually tack them to the floor to keep them from turning and get the -by now- really rusty nuts off anyhow)

Also. I don't know if the 70's corrugations will put the bolts in the valleys, or you need to drill new holes in the cross braces that bolt to the frame.

I'm not sure if the extra 4" of the 70's trucks is that the wheel arches are farther back in the bed or the cab itself is longer.

It might pay to find a 73-79 truck and measure before commiting.

If I read some posts correctly a 73-79 Bed Floor will work, except the corrugations are different.

I had a think about this, and the things that came to mind were that the wheelbase is 4" longer and the frames are far different.

I suppose if you have a welder and enough ability to replace the floor it shouldn't be a big deal to fill some bolt holes and broach some new ones to fit the bed bolts. (I usually tack them to the floor to keep them from turning and get the -by now- really rusty nuts off anyhow)

Also. I don't know if the 70's corrugations will put the bolts in the valleys, or you need to drill new holes in the cross braces that bolt to the frame.

I'm not sure if the extra 4" of the 70's trucks is that the wheel arches are farther back in the bed or the cab itself is longer.

It might pay to find a 73-79 truck and measure before commiting.

From what I’m reading it sounds as if your intention is to replace the entire floor. But if you’re looking to patch in areas, I throw out this caution.

The LMC patch panel that I purchased a while back was not even close to matching up to the factory corrugations, as seen here.

IMG_2446.jpeg.3b1340400a3850bf1c2f2f712c86bb48.jpeg

Perhaps things have changed with their supplier, but be careful with the LMC offerings.

Cheers

From what I’m reading it sounds as if your intention is to replace the entire floor. But if you’re looking to patch in areas, I throw out this caution.

The LMC patch panel that I purchased a while back was not even close to matching up to the factory corrugations, as seen here.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n160706/IMG_2446.jpeg

Perhaps things have changed with their supplier, but be careful with the LMC offerings.

Cheers

Also true.