Bullnose Forums

Lock cylinder rod clip 388569s

My driver's door cylinder will lock, but NOT UNlock the door.

I took it apart today and it appears the plastic clip is mangled. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Obviously, I've done this to myself but I can't find a source for them (or a reference to them in the aftermarket)

Does anyone know where to find one, or have another number that works and is available?

TIA

The exact thing happened on my 84 Bronco.... a lot of WD-40 will free up any binding.. thats all I needed on my 84 Bronco.

One of these will work, if this is what you are referring to.... I've used this set once

https://www.autozone.com/collision-body-parts-and-hardware/door-lock-rod-clip/p/dorman-help-door-lock-rod-clip-75450/426081_0_0

I'm pretty sure I've tried that set, but didn't get lucky.

I will order in another one and see if we anything begins to fit, but I think that's how I ended up here, begging. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'm pretty sure I've tried that set, but didn't get lucky.

I will order in another one and see if we anything begins to fit, but I think that's how I ended up here, begging. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

If I am not mistaken, that clip is used in the tailgate as well... If there is any amount of binding that plastic clip will be destroyed instantly.

Don't ask me how I know it ... :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Well, my tailgate has no clip now.... I just grab the rods and pull it.. It is an anti-theft feature :nabble_smiley_blush:

If I am not mistaken, that clip is used in the tailgate as well... If there is any amount of binding that plastic clip will be destroyed instantly.

Don't ask me how I know it ... :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Well, my tailgate has no clip now.... I just grab the rods and pull it.. It is an anti-theft feature :nabble_smiley_blush:

Well, not my tailgate, because I have an 87 and the mechanism is completely different, but I will give 75451 a try.

I definitely don't ever use oil on things like this.

The dust and grit sticks and eats soft bushings instantly, but I will use powdered graphite or Teflon spray for sure. 👍