Bullnose Forums

Another fan shroud/cooling question.

I appreciate that, I did check out, and reached out to LMC before posting.

They were unable to provide me fitment details, and the site at the moment

is stating that it's for the later years 87-96 IIRC.

Over on FTE, inmate FuzzFace2 posted on how he minimally modified the LMC shroud to work on his '81 Flare Side with the 4.9. FuzzFace2 is an inmate here as well. It didn't sound like it was much effort to make the shroud, which he sourced from LMC, fit/work. I thought you might like to try making an old shroud work instead of feeling guilty about modding a new one. Your call, especially if you have someone minding the check book.

Might have to end up doing this, myself. Would rather try my hand at building the cradles/stirrups before jumping both feet in with a radiator I might not be able to use before any warranty is up. The wife is already not pleased with the project list.

Would you happen to have any notes from when you built your set? Depth and such?

if you do decide to try to make your core support to receive the newer style radiator, I will be glad to get you measurements and advice as much as I can. I can get pictures, yet I struggle with posting them here with the current system. I'm impressed with how so many do so easily. however, I can text or email pics if need be.