Bullnose Forums

Longshot - but does anyone know this truck (youtube link)

I was curious if any of you guys may know this truck or have some info on it? (its an old post with no real details of the owner or links) I admire its "stance" and would love to gleam a bit of details on the setup.

I do remember seeing that truck before, but I don't know the owner or anything.

It more than likely has the kit below in it...it's very common:

https://djmsuspension.com/product/1983-1986-ford-f150-3-inch-front-5-inch-rear-complete-lowering-kit/

The 1980-1982 2wd trucks with kingpin front ends can install them also, but they need to find a set of 1983-1986 knuckles...or a set of 1987-1996 (much easier to find).

I do remember seeing that truck before, but I don't know the owner or anything.

It more than likely has the kit below in it...it's very common:

https://djmsuspension.com/product/1983-1986-ford-f150-3-inch-front-5-inch-rear-complete-lowering-kit/

The 1980-1982 2wd trucks with kingpin front ends can install them also, but they need to find a set of 1983-1986 knuckles...or a set of 1987-1996 (much easier to find).

Yea, I'm not sure....also, I'm hearing very mixed reviews on those DJM ibeams. I definitely don't want to cheap out with doing anything suspension wise. I've heard cheap china metal, sloppy tolerances, mismatched and etc. I almost pulled the trigger but the more I read the more I got scared. Idk

Yea, I'm not sure....also, I'm hearing very mixed reviews on those DJM ibeams. I definitely don't want to cheap out with doing anything suspension wise. I've heard cheap china metal, sloppy tolerances, mismatched and etc. I almost pulled the trigger but the more I read the more I got scared. Idk

Completely understood. I wasn't aware of any issues with them, but I've never really looked either. I don't think there are many options with the stock beams.

I lowered my 1984 F150 rear end with the DJM shackles, but I left the front end alone. I sold the truck a few years ago, but here she is. I installed all new bushings and joints in the front end, and swapped in a RedHead steering box, and a 1987-1991 steering shaft and it felt much better after that.

IMG_0319.jpg.ffc1ebb8d4748d5c008125d9b063a3f4.jpg

9B0715C9-6F69-4748-8ACF-C182C4503FF7.thumb.jpg.0abe7ca3fec860f3731ef4f51e29bd2f.jpg

D8DE9251-238E-4988-BDF8-B2B282A7E5D4.thumb.jpg.6405b1a7eec002471e9db84c471b5ca7.jpg

E57059C8-A125-4489-9A09-3D26BDFF3BFF.thumb.jpg.79ff257c42f14b91b16b7b8f8cf88268.jpg

I have used the djm beams many times and have always been happy with them. my son has the last set on his 92 right now. one thing that I do specifically is to "complete the upgrade". by this I mean braking and adjustability. at the frame the pivot points and radius arms are the same, so I use the beams that are spec'd for a 94. then I source a set of spindles loaded usually from a parts yard and then I end up with the better version of calipers, better version of ball joints and the stance.

I have used the djm beams many times and have always been happy with them. my son has the last set on his 92 right now. one thing that I do specifically is to "complete the upgrade". by this I mean braking and adjustability. at the frame the pivot points and radius arms are the same, so I use the beams that are spec'd for a 94. then I source a set of spindles loaded usually from a parts yard and then I end up with the better version of calipers, better version of ball joints and the stance.

Super good to know! Unfortunately I'd have to get rid of my wheels if I do a 3inch drop or have them milled abit. *Fronts**tears would work.

I'm hoping to scour the database here and learn as much as I can from those who have dropped their trucks before I waste any money!

Completely understood. I wasn't aware of any issues with them, but I've never really looked either. I don't think there are many options with the stock beams.

I lowered my 1984 F150 rear end with the DJM shackles, but I left the front end alone. I sold the truck a few years ago, but here she is. I installed all new bushings and joints in the front end, and swapped in a RedHead steering box, and a 1987-1991 steering shaft and it felt much better after that.

I'll have to look into that redhead setup!

PS, that truck sits just like mine. It's a great looking truck!

I'll have to look into that redhead setup!

PS, that truck sits just like mine. It's a great looking truck!

I believe I found the Wheel and Tire combo he ran with potential option for non drag tires

However i am still unsure how I want to go about achieving the actual lowering.

ex1.thumb.jpg.cc3f8109e991c25a805f253c1cdbaed5.jpg

ex2.thumb.jpg.3a631c7cdb9366bc30955ecebbb08a70.jpg

ex3.thumb.jpg.1c34837b8008a6bd6ebdf13eb74c5e55.jpg

I believe I found the Wheel and Tire combo he ran with potential option for non drag tires

However i am still unsure how I want to go about achieving the actual lowering.

I'm not running the DJM beams, but I am running the DJM 4/5 lowering kit on my 2002 Ford Ranger (installed in 2022). I have no real complaints about the kit and don't feel like any of it was cheaply made. Most of the aftermarket parts you buy at Oreillys, Advance, Autozone, etc are cheaply made but people still have no issue running those parts. You'll be fine with the DJM beams. You'll have more of an issue finding somebody who knows how to align one of these trucks, and that's the same issue regardless of whether the truck is lowered or not.

I'm not running the DJM beams, but I am running the DJM 4/5 lowering kit on my 2002 Ford Ranger (installed in 2022). I have no real complaints about the kit and don't feel like any of it was cheaply made. Most of the aftermarket parts you buy at Oreillys, Advance, Autozone, etc are cheaply made but people still have no issue running those parts. You'll be fine with the DJM beams. You'll have more of an issue finding somebody who knows how to align one of these trucks, and that's the same issue regardless of whether the truck is lowered or not.

I thought about doing this to my '80 Flare Side (Cory, that was a nice truck!) but opted not to simply for budgetary reasons. I have not heard many negative comments regarding the drop beams. But, yeah, it appears as if the DJM parts will benefit from 'upgrading' the associated parts of the suspension (spindles, calipers, ball joints, etc.). If you can get your head around that, and source the parts, then I see no reason not to proceed. I have not yet seen my truck with a drivetrain in it and sitting on it's own wheels (when I got it the 351M/C6 was removed - engine gone, C6 in the bed). It's been on dollies since April and the 302/SROD is going in this weekend. If my truck ends up with a forward rake, I'm fine with that as that's what I liked growing up. YMMV.

If this is Walnut Glow and Sand Glow then this is what my truck looked like from the factory. I posted a comment on the YT video asking this question. Given that the previous comment was three years ago I don't expect a reply. But, in the video, they do say these are stock Ford colors.

YT_Truck.thumb.jpg.8e465689e0164252e90ee4566ea08c9e.jpg