Bullnose Forums

Need Input On Judging @ Show

Last year we had a thread where we discussed the show categories/classes and voting. And here's what we settled on:

• Classes: 1966 & earlier; 1967 - 1972; 1973 - 1979; 1980 - 86, & 1987 and later

• Trophies: One for each class and then one each for Best Engine, Best Interior, Best Modifications, Best Paint, Crowd Favorite, & Farthest Driven

• Voting: Entrant only, meaning a ballot will be given to the driver of each truck and s/he will get to vote

The classes/trophies are the same again this year. But I'm questioning the voting. With only 18 trucks we only had 18 voters. But we had scads of people. Which begs the question of how 18 people can represent "the crowd" to award the Crowd Favorite trophy.

So I'm wondering about changing it up slightly this year and giving out complete ballots to the drivers as we did last year, but giving out a Crowd Favorite ballot to the hordes.

What do you think??? :nabble_waving_orig:

I would support the idea of attendee voting for crowd favorite 🙂. How well has entrant voting worked in the past? It seems like having the same number of votes and contestants would be statistically problematic (lots of ties?). I wish I could be there to vote and perhaps establish an “ugliest truck” class… but unfortunately both me and the ‘81 have too many obligations 😔

I would support the idea of attendee voting for crowd favorite 🙂. How well has entrant voting worked in the past? It seems like having the same number of votes and contestants would be statistically problematic (lots of ties?). I wish I could be there to vote and perhaps establish an “ugliest truck” class… but unfortunately both me and the ‘81 have too many obligations 😔

Ok guys, the votes are on on the votes - the entrants will vote for everything and the visitors will vote for Crowd Favorite. Here are the ballots I've created, but please let me know soonest if you see a problem - before I have them printed on 3x5 cards.

Entrant_Ballot.jpg.d9c019c68c6e1104ad3331821815a61e.jpg

Crowd_Ballot.jpg.f7f3f0a2c49230752c2ebe9abdb3b012.jpg

Ok guys, the votes are on on the votes - the entrants will vote for everything and the visitors will vote for Crowd Favorite. Here are the ballots I've created, but please let me know soonest if you see a problem - before I have them printed on 3x5 cards.

I have always wanted a category for something that is deemed the best survivor (unrestored/stock).... I don't know if that is considered a category in car/truck shows normally.

I have always wanted a category for something that is deemed the best survivor (unrestored/stock).... I don't know if that is considered a category in car/truck shows normally.

Scott Ringler/WelderScott's 1978 F150 won his class last year, and it is a survivor. Go look at Jeff's video from last year and stop at 37 seconds. That's his mostly-red truck.

That great. If that category is covered, then :nabble_smiley_good:

It isn't truly covered. It depends on the voting, and the entrants are the judges.

We are a small show. The big boys have people who think they know everything about a particular class and they award points based on originality.

We used to give a ballot to everyone that walked in, but we were getting wonky results.

So we've gone sorta half way. We have the entrants, who probably know more about Ford trucks than the guests do, cast the votes for the various categories. And if they really like a truck, be it a survivor like Scott's or a highly-modified truck like Big Blue, they've vote for it.

But then we go crosswise and have the categories like best engine, best interior, etc. So any given truck has more than one chance to win.

It isn't truly covered. It depends on the voting, and the entrants are the judges.

We are a small show. The big boys have people who think they know everything about a particular class and they award points based on originality.

We used to give a ballot to everyone that walked in, but we were getting wonky results.

So we've gone sorta half way. We have the entrants, who probably know more about Ford trucks than the guests do, cast the votes for the various categories. And if they really like a truck, be it a survivor like Scott's or a highly-modified truck like Big Blue, they've vote for it.

But then we go crosswise and have the categories like best engine, best interior, etc. So any given truck has more than one chance to win.

That makes sense. Best to avoid redundant categories.

Ok you 18 guys are hogging all the fun not fair.

How about a online Show for us members that can't attend the actual Show. Could be done by submitting photos anyways just a idea so all members could participate.

Oh if this has been discussed before just delete my post.