Bullnose Forums

I need a bumper measurement - unusual issue

have a big favor to ask.

A lady tore my front bumper foo the other day.

Now the holes don't line up.

Fortunately, the previous owner only secured it with 2 bolts and no washers, so it tore off like paper.

Some minor damage to both fender corners, but they fit in with the unintended theme of a rough rider.

The favor, would someone please measure bolt center to center for me. I'm not sure if I need to spread the frame mounts or the bumper.

Thanks,

Joe

being that the frame holes are slightly oversized for adjustment and the reason heavy washers. the measurement should be 37.5"- 38".

Thanks a bunch.

Now i know what I need to tweak.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Joe

Gary has the body builders handbook up on the site.

It has pretty much any critical dimensions you might need.

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-body-builders.html

I am not surprised that it is in the library. Sometimes I need help with navigation, but I definitely haven't checked that section out, YET.

Anyway, the bumper is lined up to military specs, thanks to a sledge hammer, a come-a-long, and a bashed forearm.

It's not pretty, but neither am I.

Thanks guys for the spec.

Joe

20240903_165634.jpg.2a85964910db5a994a040f60ec043bba.jpg

20240903_171257.jpg.da38c145bcf65fd0749080d34fd2df20.jpg

I am not surprised that it is in the library. Sometimes I need help with navigation, but I definitely haven't checked that section out, YET.

Anyway, the bumper is lined up to military specs, thanks to a sledge hammer, a come-a-long, and a bashed forearm.

It's not pretty, but neither am I.

Thanks guys for the spec.

Joe

"Good enough for the Government!"

You and I are of the same school of body work. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I've literally welded a chain to my bumper in order to pull it straight(er) :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The book is a great help to someone looking for accurate dimensions, wether to build a flatbed or an amazing scale model, like Tobias.

"Good enough for the Government!"

You and I are of the same school of body work. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I've literally welded a chain to my bumper in order to pull it straight(er) :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The book is a great help to someone looking for accurate dimensions, wether to build a flatbed or an amazing scale model, like Tobias.

Yes great work here!!

If only I had Joe's conviction, I could have potentially used a come along and saved my parts truck. (The frame on it was bent bad enough to jam the door on the other side though)