Bullnose Forums

New member from the Netherlands

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for welcoming me to this great community. I have visited this site many times before and found a lot of useful information for which Iam very great full!

My name is Nick and since 4-4-2024 I am the proud owner of a Ford F250 XLT Supercab 2WD with a 6.9 IDI and automatic transmission.

The reason I am extra great full for this forum is that I live in the Netherlands and information about these trucks is limited around here.

The truck I bought was imported from California this year, and I am currently in the process of getting the truck ready to be registered at the Dutch equivalent of the DMV, which would allow me to drive it around instead of looking at it on my driveway. I live in Dalfsen, feel free to add me to the members map.

My second appointment is on 2-9-2024 and everything should be fine now, at the first check they still found 4 "faults" which were:

1. the rubber covers for the steering ball joints needed to be replaced.

2. the wiring under the hood and under the car were not up to code.

3. the front brake discs were too corroded.

4. the light image of one of the headlights was not correct.

I am currently struggling with an issue with my tank gauges. I believe I have read all the topics concerning this, but I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. So after this post I will explain the problem and hopefully one of you guys can help me.

Just for your information, I am not an experienced mechanic or a mechanic at al, but I like to learn and am not afraid to try, so please bear with me.

Welcome Nick. :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad you've joined!

Since you are familiar with the members map Id imagine that you've seen our other Dutch members and those close-by in Germany, etc...

Please create a new topic in the main forum to discuss your fuel gauge fault.

In general, the approach is

A) Do the water temperature and oil pressure gauges work? This confirms the Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator is functioning.

B) Is the fault with both tanks? If only one, the problem is likely that sender. If both, it could be the ground or the switch.

Welcome Nick. :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad you've joined!

Since you are familiar with the members map Id imagine that you've seen our other Dutch members and those close-by in Germany, etc...

Please create a new topic in the main forum to discuss your fuel gauge fault.

In general, the approach is

A) Do the water temperature and oil pressure gauges work? This confirms the Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator is functioning.

B) Is the fault with both tanks? If only one, the problem is likely that sender. If both, it could be the ground or the switch.

Welcome, Nick! Glad you joined, and you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

You have several things to correct, and may well have questions about them. As for the gauges, have you found our page at Documentation/Electrical/Gauges, and then the Troubleshooting tab?

Welcome, Nick! Glad you joined, and you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

You have several things to correct, and may well have questions about them. As for the gauges, have you found our page at Documentation/Electrical/Gauges, and then the Troubleshooting tab?

I think he has already corrected the several things noted on first inspection. "Everything should be fine now"

Hopefully Nick will get full approval this time! 👍

Edit to add: this is the 1985 troubleshooting section for gauges and senders. https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/fuel-tank-selector--gauges-gas.html

It's probably closest to yours, because we don't have the 1984 EVTM posted on the site.