Bullnose Forums

84 F-150 4.9 AOD

Clutch47

great truck! i dont know what "strait trade means but if you swapped a chevy, good job:nabble_anim_blbl:

I don't know if my conscience could allow me to do someone like that...never mind yeah it could. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: Sounds like the best swap ever!

20240828_112106.jpg.db0f3d12c6890e31ce38c42499ade1eb.jpg

Door tag.

20240829_135509.jpg.e50ffdd8ac459105bd9c3c35b1e205a9.jpg

Had it on the lift. It's going to need attention to the drivers rocker and the passenger cab corner. Rear was 3/4 quart low on gear oil. 😳

The rest of it seems pretty decent.

Of course the tailgate handle is non functioning, and the little center rocker is seized.

Mounted some different front tires and put the weights on the inside.

A question for the group.

Am I off base in judging the schmuck that put wheel weights on the outside and then brass wire wheeled AROUND them?

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Door tag.

Had it on the lift. It's going to need attention to the drivers rocker and the passenger cab corner. Rear was 3/4 quart low on gear oil. 😳

The rest of it seems pretty decent.

Of course the tailgate handle is non functioning, and the little center rocker is seized.

Mounted some different front tires and put the weights on the inside.

A question for the group.

Am I off base in judging the schmuck that put wheel weights on the outside and then brass wire wheeled AROUND them?

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.

proper balance requires weights opposite the heavy point regardless of whether inside or out. placing weights on the inside only is a compromise and some get lucky but if the tires need extra balancing it may well be beyond a compromise.

proper balance requires weights opposite the heavy point regardless of whether inside or out. placing weights on the inside only is a compromise and some get lucky but if the tires need extra balancing it may well be beyond a compromise.

Every tire machine I've used points in or out on the weights.

Like Matt said, sometimes you can get away with it, when appearance matters more than proper wheel balance.