Bullnose Forums

New Registration Process - Need Your Input

Oh no Gary!

I hope it's nothing serious. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

My little brother has been a week now recovering from a detached retina. (they had to drain the humor and install a balloon)

Thanks, Jim. But it is supposed to be a very easy thing. This website says it is called posterior capsular opacification and here's what they do:

What is the treatment for posterior capsular opacification?

Healthcare providers treat secondary cataracts with YAG laser capsulotomy (posterior capsulotomy). This is a laser surgery that your provider performs in-office. It only takes around five minutes. “YAG” is the name of the specific type of laser that your provider uses.

During this procedure, your provider numbs your eye with drops. Then, they use lasers to make a tiny hole in your cloudy lens capsule. This hole lets light pass through your IOL, as it should, and gives you back your clear vision.

How soon after treatment will I feel better?

It takes about one day for your vision to clear up after YAG laser capsulotomy. You may experience floaters for a couple of weeks before they dissipate. The floaters are debris removed during laser treatment, and they’ll naturally dissolve over time.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Jim. But it is supposed to be a very easy thing. This website says it is called posterior capsular opacification and here's what they do:

What is the treatment for posterior capsular opacification?

Healthcare providers treat secondary cataracts with YAG laser capsulotomy (posterior capsulotomy). This is a laser surgery that your provider performs in-office. It only takes around five minutes. “YAG” is the name of the specific type of laser that your provider uses.

During this procedure, your provider numbs your eye with drops. Then, they use lasers to make a tiny hole in your cloudy lens capsule. This hole lets light pass through your IOL, as it should, and gives you back your clear vision.

How soon after treatment will I feel better?

It takes about one day for your vision to clear up after YAG laser capsulotomy. You may experience floaters for a couple of weeks before they dissipate. The floaters are debris removed during laser treatment, and they’ll naturally dissolve over time.

Glad to hear it's "just" cataracts... (like ANY eye problem is "just"!!!)

I've had more than my share of scratched corneas, UV burns and debris removal thank you very much!

Funny they feel they need to explain the laser, without explaining it at all! 😂

I can't stand that kind of stuff.

Edit: yittrium, aluminum, garnet for those that are wondering...

No problem, Jeff.

In the Invision support forum a nice guy named Gary, oddly enough

Yep Gary, I'm following your discussion with "Gary"," Jim M" and "Nathan Explosion" on the their «Technical Problems» thread (your post "Registration Process Questions").

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I did 3 tests this morning (3 new members), and it stil the same:

• I can directly click the checkbox "I agree of the Terms of Use" OR

• I can click the link "Terms of Use" and have a window that pops up with our Forum Guidelines.

So, I can avoid to read at our guidelines if I click the checkbox directly.

Good luck for your eyes! Take care!

:nabble_smiley_good:

No problem, Jeff.

In the Invision support forum a nice guy named Gary, oddly enough

Yep Gary, I'm following your discussion with "Gary"," Jim M" and "Nathan Explosion" on the their «Technical Problems» thread (your post "Registration Process Questions").

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I did 3 tests this morning (3 new members), and it stil the same:

• I can directly click the checkbox "I agree of the Terms of Use" OR

• I can click the link "Terms of Use" and have a window that pops up with our Forum Guidelines.

So, I can avoid to read at our guidelines if I click the checkbox directly.

Good luck for your eyes! Take care!

:nabble_smiley_good:

I'm home from laser surgery and doing well. But with the eyes dilated working on the computer isn't as easy as it should be later. So for now I'm going to work on this re the show, like getting tee shirts and trophies ordered. Will work the registration process later.

I'm home from laser surgery and doing well. But with the eyes dilated working on the computer isn't as easy as it should be later. So for now I'm going to work on this re the show, like getting tee shirts and trophies ordered. Will work the registration process later.

Ok, time for an update. And much of this is to record what I've found so that I can get back to it.

With Jeff's help I think we've gotten a bit of the registration process sorted - the bit about posting in the NMSH folder.

What I understand that we want is for a newbie's first action to only be to start a new "thread" in NMSH to introduce himself, not to reply to someone else's introduction - as so many have. So I set it up so that a New Member can only start a "thread" and cannot reply until they've been promoted to a Regular Member. And that was supposed to immediately happen on their first post.

However, apparently a "post" in Invision is a reply. And a "thread" is called a "conversation". So instead of promoting someone on their "1st post" we are promoting them when they are a "conversation starter". And that seems to work.

So now we need to figure out how to show them the guidelines AND tell them that the absolute only thing they will be able to do is to introduce themselves in the NMSH folder. Ideally we will then give them a button to click that will say they agree to adhere to the guidelines and they will then be whisked away to a new thread/conversation in NMSH.

One step at a time... :nabble_anim_working: