Bullnose Forums

Reunited with my old truck (sort of).

That's cool, Shaun! Glad you did it.

As for hanging it, how about two hooks that go in where the glass would go in the top of the door?

That won't work as there's full glass in the door. It's a complete door now.

I'm thinking of building one or two brackets for where the hinges would go, and maybe something on the striker side. We'll have to see.

As for hanging it, how about two hooks that go in where the glass would go in the top of the door?

I'm thinking of building one or two brackets for where the hinges would go, and maybe something on the striker side. We'll have to see.

I like that idea. How the door mounts!

I like that idea. How the door mounts!

I was thinking you could have the glass down. But I like your idea better.

I was thinking you could have the glass down. But I like your idea better.

Hey Shaun, do happen to know the two colors of that door? My '80 was painted Walnut Glow and Sand Glow from the factory (it's now dark red, or what dark red would look like after spending decades in the Arizona sun).

I'm just curious as to what my truck may have looked like. I have found the original Walnut Glow behind the kick panels (inside the cab) but have yet to find Sand Glow anywhere.

Thanks.

Hey Shaun, do happen to know the two colors of that door? My '80 was painted Walnut Glow and Sand Glow from the factory (it's now dark red, or what dark red would look like after spending decades in the Arizona sun).

I'm just curious as to what my truck may have looked like. I have found the original Walnut Glow behind the kick panels (inside the cab) but have yet to find Sand Glow anywhere.

Thanks.

Thanks Gary and Dane!

Thanks.

My old truck was Dark Chamois Metallic (8A) and Pastel/Light Sand (6D). Your original colors were an extra cost "Glamour" option. Both of your colors were 1980 only, and the Light Sand on my truck was also 1980 only.

There were three 'Glamour" colors in 1980 and your truck had two of them.

My old truck was Dark Chamois Metallic (8A) and Pastel/Light Sand (6D). Your

original colors were an extra cost "Glamour" option. Both of your colors

were 1980 only, and the Light Sand on my truck was also 1980 only.

I wonder what those two colors cost to special order. So, your truck was similar in color(s) to mine but not the same. Thanks for confirming.

I wonder what those two colors cost to special order. So, your truck was similar in color(s) to mine but not the same. Thanks for confirming.

Check out the documentation section at the top of the page. I can't guarantee it, but there may be some literature regarding glamour color pricing.

Check out the documentation section at the top of the page. I can't guarantee it, but there may be some literature regarding glamour color pricing.

I finally did what I should have done 10+ years ago and drilled the holes for the Trailer Special mirror in brown truck's door. I didn't have a riv-nut tool back then and was too scared to mess the doors up, which is why it was never done.

You can see the truck originally came with the Type 5 chrome mirrors since the gasket for those mirrors left a mark on the door.

The mirror you see on the door is the one I bought specifically for this door, so I still have the ones for my F350 as well.

Brown_Truck_Mirror_2.jpg.a6ece518fa4e6355ef747d1b3e3bda30.jpg

Brown_Truck_Mirror.jpg.e352324dfcec1322fff7a3257e6a1009.jpg