Bullnose Forums

Battery tray upgrades

These are the best angles I can get without removing the battery and cold air intake from the radiator support.

Also note the hold-down wedge at the front.

Hope this helps! :nabble_smiley_good:

(Sorry for the sideways orientation :nabble_smiley_blush:)

Jim, my 85 is basically the same and I believe it uses both style clamps. CJIMG_0165.jpeg.9910c3d6bae8672b9a3bc40d6e79381c.jpeg

one of the points about upgrading to the next version of battery try is that it is completely inside the engine bay. the original bullnose tray actually is under the inner fender well but reaches up through slots for mounting and hold downs and bolts through to the core support mount which doubles as a mount for the evap canister. the tray actually helps hold up the fender liner but the failing is that it is in the water/salt splash area so they rot out way too fast.

Mat, my top bracket was pretty bad but the one under fender was in great shape. CJ,’

Mat, my top bracket was pretty bad but the one under fender was in great shape. CJ,’

I have my radiator support and fender off of the truck currently, so I put them together for an unobstructed reference photo.

Battery_Tray.thumb.jpg.98bc36e309e9cd29f3d674f73aff5fb8.jpg