Bullnose Forums

Gas Door Bumpers

CJ, I ordered and installed the "on body" bumpers #41-1597 from LMC.

They fitted perfectly, but I can't remember what diameter were the holes.

I'll check tomorrow, maybe I ordered more than two, if so I could mesure it.

If not, I'll check if I can take out one without breaking it, and mesure the body hole.

The general look of these #41-1597 is very similar to your original one, conical tips.

Jeff, the last photo is a 1597 LMC, Don’t fit. Top photo is original, with dome at each end. It fits 5/16 hole. CJ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, the last photo is a 1597 LMC, Don’t fit. Top photo is original, with dome at each end. It fits 5/16 hole. CJ

Ok! At first glance, I thought it was flat head on the picture.

And I realize that Big Brother's entire bed side panels were replaced during the restoration, so even the body holes aren't original.

Maybe this explains why the LMC 1497 fitted so well...

Ok! At first glance, I thought it was flat head on the picture.

And I realize that Big Brother's entire bed side panels were replaced during the restoration, so even the body holes aren't original.

Maybe this explains why the LMC 1497 fitted so well...

IMG_0166.png.1eae48547e367b7d8b33ae2453dee88b.png These appear to be like my 85 although they are labeled 76-79. I will try them. CJ

These appear to be like my 85 although they are labeled 76-79. I will try them. CJ

I'm guessing that is 378437, as shown below from the 1973-79 MPC. And "1977/" means it was used from '77 through '79.

That number doesn't show up in the 1980/89 MPC, the 1986 Standard & Utility Catalog, nor the Auevco catalog. But I hope it fits. They appear to be available in a lot of places.

378437.thumb.jpg.50a84a8640ff59b999ad40e1fc5eaf70.jpg

I'm guessing that is 378437, as shown below from the 1973-79 MPC. And "1977/" means it was used from '77 through '79.

That number doesn't show up in the 1980/89 MPC, the 1986 Standard & Utility Catalog, nor the Auevco catalog. But I hope it fits. They appear to be available in a lot of places.

Gary, if you look closely, Bronco Graveyard has the same part #as you posted but is totally different. Yours shows a round stem at one end and is conical at the other. BG shows dome on both ends. Both will possibly work, but why same part numbers and different year range? I will order the BG ones and see. CJ

Gary, if you look closely, Bronco Graveyard has the same part #as you posted but is totally different. Yours shows a round stem at one end and is conical at the other. BG shows dome on both ends. Both will possibly work, but why same part numbers and different year range? I will order the BG ones and see. CJ

Don't go to the bank with any illustration in the MPC. The illustrators used a good-enough approach, apparently figuring that you'd get the idea. Plus, it was printed on an 8 1/2 x 11" page at most, and sometimes microfiche, so you couldn't see much of the detail. But these are scanned at a very high resolution so you can blow them up, like I did for that screenshot, letting you see detail they may not have thought you'd see.

As for the year range, I don't know. There are mistakes in the MPC as well as in the aftermarket catalogs, so maybe that accounts for it?

Anyway, hope they work. Please let us know as I will want to add some notes to the MPC as well as our pages.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't go to the bank with any illustration in the MPC. The illustrators used a good-enough approach, apparently figuring that you'd get the idea. Plus, it was printed on an 8 1/2 x 11" page at most, and sometimes microfiche, so you couldn't see much of the detail. But these are scanned at a very high resolution so you can blow them up, like I did for that screenshot, letting you see detail they may not have thought you'd see.

As for the year range, I don't know. There are mistakes in the MPC as well as in the aftermarket catalogs, so maybe that accounts for it?

Anyway, hope they work. Please let us know as I will want to add some notes to the MPC as well as our pages.

Gary, finally, gas door bumpers that work. They are from Bronco Graveyard item #26090, $4.95 pr, 76-79 f150. They fit my 85 f150. CJ