Bullnose Forums

2024 All Ford Truck Show - BE THERE!

The All Ford Truck Show is 5 weeks from tomorrow.

Skiatook, OK. About 20 miles north of Tulsa. No fees, just lots of Ford trucks of all shapes and ages.

BE THERE! (If you kids don't know about the BE THERE tag, many of the radio commercials for drag races in the 60's ended with BE THERE!)

FORD_TRUCK_FLYER_-_2024.thumb.jpg.8078a28c36597e7f5913ac603bd95b4f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume that Rick Woyczik will be there. He's into 1973-79 Ford trucks. I met him in Wisconsin this past Spring. He's very nice. I bought a sliding rear window from him for my Flare Side (after thinking someone had stolen the one that was in the cab of my truck while it was in storage - nope, I had put it in the shed, now I have two). He's from Claremore which is just a hop, skip and a jump from Skiatook. If you do know him, tell him I said 'hi' (he'll never remember me but his wife is very nice as is his daughter and grandson). Hope you have good weather and a fun day.

I would assume that Rick Woyczik will be there. He's into 1973-79 Ford trucks. I met him in Wisconsin this past Spring. He's very nice. I bought a sliding rear window from him for my Flare Side (after thinking someone had stolen the one that was in the cab of my truck while it was in storage - nope, I had put it in the shed, now I have two). He's from Claremore which is just a hop, skip and a jump from Skiatook. If you do know him, tell him I said 'hi' (he'll never remember me but his wife is very nice as is his daughter and grandson). Hope you have good weather and a fun day.

I found him on Facebook and sent him a message. Thanks.

Gary, are you going to organize a 5 minutes video (Teams, Zoom or others) to let the foreign members greet the guys on site?

The show is two weeks from today and the trophies are here! BE THERE!

The categories are as last year:

• Crowd Favorite

• Best Engine

• Best Interior

• Best Modifications

• Farthest Driven

• Best Paint

• Best 1966 & Earlier

• Best 1967 - 72

• Best 1967 - 79

• Best 1980 - 86

• Best 1987 & Later

Trophies_-_1.jpg.6584c736b734664dedafb1cc62b6d91b.jpg

Gary, are you going to organize a 5 minutes video (Teams, Zoom or others) to let the foreign members greet the guys on site?

Sorry, Jeff. I missed that. I hadn't planned to do it this time as so few were interested last time. And because Steve Fox/FoxFord33 isn't available and he was doing to video work.

Is that going to be a problem, folks?

Sorry, Jeff. I missed that. I hadn't planned to do it this time as so few were interested last time. And because Steve Fox/FoxFord33 isn't available and he was doing to video work.

Is that going to be a problem, folks?

I'm going to hire a young man from church, Yuri, to help set up & take down as well as to run the concession stand. And toward the latter we've been doing some shopping:

IMG_1918.jpg.2667b61a0e65c6804022e1aecaf9d15a.jpg

Gary, you are like a good Boy Scout.... always prepared!

Thanks, David. But I thought the motto was Be Prepared, so while I'm not "always prepared" I'm trying to get prepared. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Toward that end, last Saturday I asked at these local stores for contributions for the show, aka "swag". Here's where we stand on that:

• Bumper-To-Bumper: Gave a detailing kit, just like last year

• Tate Boys Tires: Asked me to come back today, and today they gave me a card for an oil change - which could be up to $140 if it is a diesel.

• O'Reilly's: Manager wasn't there but would be today. Nope, didn't make it home but will be there tomorrow.

• Skiatook Auto Parts: DeWayne asked me to come back tomorrow as he needs to talk to the manager.

Summit has already sent their contribution, but it only has ballots, vehicle ID cards, and a banner.

And LMC's hasn't come in yet so I don't know what it might contain.

Thanks, David. But I thought the motto was Be Prepared, so while I'm not "always prepared" I'm trying to get prepared. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Toward that end, last Saturday I asked at these local stores for contributions for the show, aka "swag". Here's where we stand on that:

• Bumper-To-Bumper: Gave a detailing kit, just like last year

• Tate Boys Tires: Asked me to come back today, and today they gave me a card for an oil change - which could be up to $140 if it is a diesel.

• O'Reilly's: Manager wasn't there but would be today. Nope, didn't make it home but will be there tomorrow.

• Skiatook Auto Parts: DeWayne asked me to come back tomorrow as he needs to talk to the manager.

Summit has already sent their contribution, but it only has ballots, vehicle ID cards, and a banner.

And LMC's hasn't come in yet so I don't know what it might contain.

Posted this on 14 pages on Facebook, so why not here?

The All Ford Truck Show is next Saturday in Skiatook, OK! BE THERE!

Ever wonder what it takes to put a show on? Email/call remote vendors and visit with local vendors to get the donations for awards. Buy gift cards, trophies, tee shirts, & items for the concession stand. Hire people to help set up/take down, take pics, sell concessions, etc.

Why? So we can show off our beloved trucks and talk with like-minded afficionados. So, BE THERE!

Having said that, I have all of the swag in and I must say that vendors are getting much less generous. Only Summit and LMC sent me anything this year, and only LMC sent me gift cards - two $25 ones. That's a far cry from what vendors were giving several years ago, and it has gotten less and less each year.

And, this year I've been counting the costs, literally. I think I'll have to seriously consider having an entrance fee next year - assuming I do the show.

FORD_TRUCK_FLYER_-_2024.thumb.jpg.64042f49389eeb8b73bdeddbfb7a2278.jpgIMG_1926.jpg.5864bc8ad6aa9acc57a5b38828f2436a.jpg