Bullnose Forums

New to the Forum

Pretty much any truck built after August is going to be the next MY.

The problem with the wiper shaft has been mentioned recently.

I'm really surprised that 'whatever' factory didn't get it right (or perhaps they got a hacked one as an example to replicate?)

The 5.0 EFI has the filter in reservoir/accumulator as part of the high pressure pump on the frame rail, correct?

I'm sorry, I'm not super familiar with these smaller trucks.

I imagine a lot would depend on the range needed, and the option of relocating the spare and fitting a single oversized rear tank is also there...

Can confirm the flter is a seperate component as it is inline just before the hp pump.

Noted on the tank size. Definitely an option to consider for simplicity of system design at least. Range being a factor I hadn't really given much thought until now but assume that a minimum of 350/400 miles unloaded would be a minimum starting point if I use my Ram as a baseline to compare. We haven't even used a gallon of fuel at this point as it has been in a state of repair since we drove it from the seller's house onto our driveway a little over 2 weeks ago. If only the fuel guage worked so we could assess the mpg lol.

Going to stretch my back and scuff some knuckles digging through the dash and the engine compartment looking for those relays. Once I get the full assessment of current state, should have enough to priorize a path forward on how to resolve.

Cheers 🍻

Can confirm the flter is a seperate component as it is inline just before the hp pump.

Noted on the tank size. Definitely an option to consider for simplicity of system design at least. Range being a factor I hadn't really given much thought until now but assume that a minimum of 350/400 miles unloaded would be a minimum starting point if I use my Ram as a baseline to compare. We haven't even used a gallon of fuel at this point as it has been in a state of repair since we drove it from the seller's house onto our driveway a little over 2 weeks ago. If only the fuel guage worked so we could assess the mpg lol.

Going to stretch my back and scuff some knuckles digging through the dash and the engine compartment looking for those relays. Once I get the full assessment of current state, should have enough to priorize a path forward on how to resolve.

Cheers 🍻

I have no idea what kind of range to expect from a 5.0 EFI on 19 gallons.

Perhaps someone else that owns one can chime in?

Hopefully the switch & valve are still operable, because I understand that they are expensive... if you can find them.

4652683_orig.thumb.jpg.48fa9920b9646a9c29a7ca6e39fab07f.jpg

471462_orig.thumb.jpg.5739126688bfa60bb1e4cadb5ecc6601.jpg

Cheers 🍻

in the interest of reliability. at least study the next version of the twin tank setup. it uses two high pressure pumps in the tanks. a much simpler system and far less problematic. the three pump system with reservoir/ filter selector valve has been known to be failure prone and replacement valves are not as good as oem. which are NOT available that I have been able to find.

there was a certain sender ohms range for the bullnose then a change to a different range sometime after that. I'm not certain of what year. it's been a few years since doing one myself. however, we have an 86 twin tank that we have had a hell of a time getting correct and have done the whole system twice by now. one piece at a time per the owner's decision. I think he is just using the front tank at the moment. he is not happy about the parts store choices.

on my own truck resurrections, I start with new tank/ tanks and senders. I learned the hard way many years ago that its far less expensive and far less of a headache to start there.

in the interest of reliability. at least study the next version of the twin tank setup. it uses two high pressure pumps in the tanks. a much simpler system and far less problematic. the three pump system with reservoir/ filter selector valve has been known to be failure prone and replacement valves are not as good as oem. which are NOT available that I have been able to find.

there was a certain sender ohms range for the bullnose then a change to a different range sometime after that. I'm not certain of what year. it's been a few years since doing one myself. however, we have an 86 twin tank that we have had a hell of a time getting correct and have done the whole system twice by now. one piece at a time per the owner's decision. I think he is just using the front tank at the moment. he is not happy about the parts store choices.

on my own truck resurrections, I start with new tank/ tanks and senders. I learned the hard way many years ago that its far less expensive and far less of a headache to start there.

Senders went from 70-10 ohms to 16-160 ohms in 87 when the new instruments became more like steppers than the old thermal spring type that used an ICVR.

Gary is using a Meter Match to correct for this upside down and extended range with his FDM's.