Bullnose Forums

Crew Cab Headliner

Having an issue finding a replacement here. Everything available is for a two door or extended cab.

I'm thinking I need to take mine out and use it as a template. Any material suggestions or has anyone done this?

This is the Crew Cab ordeal:

Anything behind the front seat is impossible to find.

For the ceiling vault (the delaminated fabric hanging on our heads), I took it to a upholsterer and he glued a new padded fabric on it.

He kept the original cardboard. The result is almost identical to the original.

This is the Crew Cab ordeal:

Anything behind the front seat is impossible to find.

For the ceiling vault (the delaminated fabric hanging on our heads), I took it to a upholsterer and he glued a new padded fabric on it.

He kept the original cardboard. The result is almost identical to the original.

i second that. I have relined headliners as long as jeep grand Cherokee and ford excursion. all thats required is a sound oem base. these are normally a heavy cardboard. very basic. the weak areas are around the visor cutouts as they often crack and tear. but even that is reparable with a bit of fiber glassing on the back side away from the foam/fabric. you WILL wish that you had five hands though.

i second that. I have relined headliners as long as jeep grand Cherokee and ford excursion. all thats required is a sound oem base. these are normally a heavy cardboard. very basic. the weak areas are around the visor cutouts as they often crack and tear. but even that is reparable with a bit of fiber glassing on the back side away from the foam/fabric. you WILL wish that you had five hands though.

My cardboard is damaged the fabric isn't sagging its the whole liner, and there is a good size hole in the back as well.

I'll have to get it down and maybe it's salvagable. I don't mind relining it. I was looking at perforated vinyl personally.

I was thinking about that as well. 1) if the cardboard is usable what's a good way to reinforce it. 2) how the heck do you get it out lol. I have seen the extended cab version in two pieces.

I was thinking about that as well. 1) if the cardboard is usable what's a good way to reinforce it. 2) how the heck do you get it out lol. I have seen the extended cab version in two pieces.

I did find this company the other day. It's a conversion kit that uses bows and pockets to stretch a liner. It does require you drill for the bows.

Screenshot_20240719_230230_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e550b729fb2f49036dbf776ba2e07ce.jpg

Best way I've seen to reinforce crumbly cardboard headliners is to set it on wax paper, saturate it with cyanoacrylate and weight using another sheet of wax paper.

My corners were a mess from gutter leaks. That was 13 years ago, and it still good.

Also, the best way I've found to get the dead foam off is a Nylox 'wire' wheel in a drill.

It's messy, but fast and complete. WAY better than scraping and gouging the cardboard

2) how the heck do you get it out lol. I have seen the extended cab version in two pieces.

Through the windshield

Sounds like fun. Will have to schedule that so it all happens at the same time.

2) how the heck do you get it out lol.

The cardboard is flexible enough to pry and it goes through an open door.

I did it.

Here are some picts I found from Big Brother’s restoration:

img_0731.jpeg.d68af13711466f6a8125ac94204ec73a.jpeg

img_4548.jpeg.5f071fbcd7697019aaed9dc3f853b9dd.jpeg

img_4551.jpeg.087251e8a4216b325f71246d3f6e5057.jpeg

img_e5241.jpeg.9a31e0673fb5ed479eef560210096bb4.jpeg

If your cardboard can’t be reinstalled, I’d try with a thin Coroplast board (not too thick so it will stay flexible enough).

They also produce fabric laminated boards, maybe this can do the job?