Bullnose Forums

3G Alternator Load Response Control (LRC) Demo

Honestly, I had a Miller synchrowave welder that put out 220A.

It was the size of a small refrigerator and had fans that ran constantly when welding aluminum.

I'm not sure why anyone would need that, or how it could be packaged in a case this diameter.

Not saying I "need" it, but at that price it is about the price of a normal 130A 3G. Wouldn't mind having that much current available when winching or running the compressor.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not saying I "need" it, but at that price it is about the price of a normal 130A 3G. Wouldn't mind having that much current available when winching or running the compressor.

Oh, I get that!

And I'd be very tempted at under $100 delivered

The whole reason I went 130A is because it's overkill for any of my needs, but puts out the amps at idle that I would never have with the 2G.

If it's never stressed it should never fail!

Right?

right......???

🤣

Oh, I get that!

And I'd be very tempted at under $100 delivered

The whole reason I went 130A is because it's overkill for any of my needs, but puts out the amps at idle that I would never have with the 2G.

If it's never stressed it should never fail!

Right?

right......???

🤣

Right. But I'll stress it at times, although not for long. It isn't as if it would be called on to crank out 220A for hours. Worst case would be winching, and that doesn't last very long.

Right. But I'll stress it at times, although not for long. It isn't as if it would be called on to crank out 220A for hours. Worst case would be winching, and that doesn't last very long.

Are there any LRCs with longer delays? 5, 10, 30 seconds?

Wondering why I need to start trying to get that battery back in order in such a rush.

Are there any LRCs with longer delays? 5, 10, 30 seconds?

Wondering why I need to start trying to get that battery back in order in such a rush.

Yes, there's at least a 10-second one, the VR-F814. There may be others but I'm not aware of them.

Some of you may not know what LRC does on an alternator. So this video attempts to show you.

Thanks Gary for the video.

Don’t know why but I was (wrongly) under the impression that the LRC regulator was cutting completely the voltage and that the alternator was running “in free wheel” for 2.5 secondes.

Interesting!

:nabble_smiley_good: