Bullnose Forums

Sound Track For Ford Truck Show

Unfortunately, my playlists are all over the place from Mississippi delta blues to thrash/speed metal, Bluegrass to Psychedelia, Jazz/fusion, Protopunk, Indie, Grunge and Rock from my childhood. 🙃

I definitely have a thing for Rocka/Surfa/Psychobilly. Who doesn't like Dick Dale or The Reverend Heat?

Believe it or not, I've dabbled in some delta blues on a mountain dulcimer. Used my knife as a slide.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, I've dabbled in some delta blues on a mountain dulcimer. Used my knife as a slide.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I got 37 songs loaded, about 2 hours worth, and played them through. Sounded good, but there was a transient noise I couldn't find. It sounded like maybe the wifi connection wasn't good, so I downloaded all of them to the iPad.

Started playing them today in the truck just to see what they sound like, and up to a point they sounded good. Then Mustang Sally came on and there was the noise - loud. So I started looking around and then realized it sounded like it came from under the truck. Slid under and the heat shield on the passenger's side had bad, bad, bad vibrations.

I thunked it a couple of times and it quit - for a while. So I got the sound deadener out again and put four patches on and it no longer vibes, but we'll see how the stuff holds up when the heat hits it. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Sound_Deadener_On_Heat_Shield.thumb.jpg.29764b4f635ce324361936f661459b24.jpg