Bullnose Forums

Sound Track For Ford Truck Show

All of those except for Fun, Fun, Fun were off the Little Deuce Coupe album, which was one of the first albums I ever bought, probably in about 7th grade. I don't know how many times I listened to allof those songs! Be True to your School, 409, Shut Down, Spirit of America, No-Go Showboat and Custom Machine are other good ones, but less Ford related. (I was never a big fan of A Young Man is Gone)

Most of the Beach Boys were way more into cars than surfing, Mike Love especially. The only real surfer in the group was Dennis Wilson.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, you need to add in some 1980's music!!

One of my favorites from the last year of the Bullnose:nabble_smiley_whistling:

that's an 80s picture for sure!

you might even throw in "my old yellow car" for the country folks. hell "east bound and down"!

Gary, you need to add in some 1980's music!!

One of my favorites from the last year of the Bullnose:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Chris - I wasn't aware that the Beach Boys were more into cars than surfing. But looking back on their songs I see that there were a bunch about cars. Cool!

Cory - I've been of the opinion that Don McLean was off by about a decade on when The Day The Music Died. But that Billy Joel song is very good. However, while it is of the Bullnose era, the closest it seems to come to old trucks is "You can't go the distance". :nabble_smiley_evil:

So while I agree we should have some Bullnose era music in the mix, is there anything in that era that is about at least cars if not trucks?

Cory - I've been of the opinion that Don McLean was off by about a decade on when The Day The Music Died. But that Billy Joel song is very good. However, while it is of the Bullnose era, the closest it seems to come to old trucks is "You can't go the distance". :nabble_smiley_evil:

So while I agree we should have some Bullnose era music in the mix, is there anything in that era that is about at least cars if not trucks?

I can't think of anything Gary, but like mentioned above, "East Bound And Down" by Jerry Reed is always a crowd pleaser, as is the theme song for The Dukes of Hazard by Waylon Jennings.

I dunno...there's a lot of car/roadtrip talk in this one:

Chris - I wasn't aware that the Beach Boys were more into cars than surfing. But looking back on their songs I see that there were a bunch about cars. Cool!

In their personal lives they were more into cars, but there was lots of pressure to keep turning out the surfing songs of course!

Brian Wilson helped Jan and Dean out with some songs including “Dead Man’s Curve”

In their personal lives they were more into cars, but there was lots of pressure to keep turning out the surfing songs of course!

Brian Wilson helped Jan and Dean out with some songs including “Dead Man’s Curve”

Cory - That one does have a lot of car talk. Hadn't heard it before. Thanks.

Chris - The Beach Boys were certainly close to Jan & Dean. In fact they let them, or at least Dean, into the studio while they were recording Barbara Ann.

Cory - That one does have a lot of car talk. Hadn't heard it before. Thanks.

Chris - The Beach Boys were certainly close to Jan & Dean. In fact they let them, or at least Dean, into the studio while they were recording Barbara Ann.

Corb Lund - Truck Got Stuck

F.O.R.D - James Lann

Wouldn't be right without East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed.

It's probably my favorite Ford truck commercial as it has all the generations of F series trucks.

"Whatever party you got going in the back... We've got the business up front"