Bullnose Forums

You think China really cares about the environment?

Or just that the llightest flash plating makes it across the ocean in a container before it rusts through??? 🤔

Thickness is probably a factor. I also think its poor process controls (controlling porosity, grain structure, hardness), and general lack of care by the vendor ordering the bumpers (US based). I don't know if anybody (hopefully) wants to ship substandard products. It's just that they probably don't have a good handle on it, possibly underpaid... and lack of competition.

Just saw this

https://www.asminternational.org/chrome-plating-will-be-banned-in-all-new-cars-starting-2024/#:~:text=The%20hexavalent%20chromium%20involved%20in,which%20are%20also%20highly%20toxic.

Thickness is probably a factor. I also think its poor process controls (controlling porosity, grain structure, hardness), and general lack of care by the vendor ordering the bumpers (US based). I don't know if anybody (hopefully) wants to ship substandard products. It's just that they probably don't have a good handle on it, possibly underpaid... and lack of competition.

Just saw this

https://www.asminternational.org/chrome-plating-will-be-banned-in-all-new-cars-starting-2024/#:~:text=The%20hexavalent%20chromium%20involved%20in,which%20are%20also%20highly%20toxic.

I wish I had your rosy outlook.

If you ask for X to be at YZ cost, you get what you deserve.

I'm not going to bother with LMC or any other company that puts profit ahead of customer satisfaction.

I dropped my brother and his kids off at the airport an hour ago.

"If it's a Boeing, I'm not going!"

Look at the 737-8 max, the 787 whistleblower they murdered in Charleston or the damned astronauts stranded at the space station.

I really am DONE with this human race and all the BS that comes with it...

I wish I had your rosy outlook.

If you ask for X to be at YZ cost, you get what you deserve.

I'm not going to bother with LMC or any other company that puts profit ahead of customer satisfaction.

I dropped my brother and his kids off at the airport an hour ago.

"If it's a Boeing, I'm not going!"

Look at the 737-8 max, the 787 whistleblower they murdered in Charleston or the damned astronauts stranded at the space station.

I really am DONE with this human race and all the BS that comes with it...

I am probably too selfish to let all that bother me at this point in time (since I have to maintain sanity in front of my family) so the rosy outlook is probably a front... I might be one day be half as experienced and knowledgeable as you are and be done at that point as well :nabble_anim_blbl:... maybe I might decide I want to go to Mars :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Just saw this

Today Mars is aspirational, but I have no doubt that the cancer of humanity will metastasize and consume every resource in our solar system.

Im glad that I won't be around long enough to see it.

I was quoted 800.00 to recover the seat, I think that is way too high.

Screenshot_20240620_142449_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240620_142502_Chrome.jpg

Your cushion is in really good shape, so I think you can recover it yourself.

Bullnose bench seat covers are available from many sources...

I did mine with a velour one that I purchased from LMC. Was like $300 approx. Worked out well.

My favorite ones are from freewheelinbroncos. They are pricey but a good reproduction option of the original. I am too cheap to buy that though :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

https://www.freewheelinbroncos.com/products/1980-86-f-series-truck-front-bench-seat-cover