Bullnose Forums

WE ARE MOVING - HERE’S THE PLAN

[...] and I'm sure there will be glitches along the way, [...]

Thanks to Mr. Murphy, we'll not be surprised about these glitches to come.

We did our best to prepare the battle field, so I'm pretty sure that these bugs won't be really serious.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Big thanks to Chris and Gary!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

Really excited, can't wait for this new platform!

Jeff, I have something I need to find, it is called "Murphy's Law and Other Truths" it starts with "Murphy was an Optomist" and goes downhill from there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, I have something I need to find, it is called "Murphy's Law and Other Truths" it starts with "Murphy was an Optomist" and goes downhill from there.

Yes, I am well aware that Murphy was an optimist: If it can go wrong it will go wrong. And some say there's an extension: If it can't go wrong it will anyway.

So I fully expect there to be problems with our conversion. Here's the way it is supposed to go:

1. At midnight CDT on the 16th I'll disable posting on the Nabble forum and email that I've done that. Then I'll move the Nabble forum to the Test Forum page and the InVision forum to the home page, change the banner to say we are DOWN, and go to bed.

2. Filimonov, who is a Nabble employee in Central Europe and, therefore, 7 - 8 hours ahead, will then take a backup and send it to Stuart.

3. Stuart, who is in the UK, will run the Nabble backup through his converter and put the output on our paid-for InVision forum - hopefully in a you-can't-post-here mode.

4. When I get up I'll check to see where we are and start adjusting things. The order of the folders doesn't come through correctly. Banned users, all 14 thereof, aren't banned and need to be. The NMSH header needs to say that newbies can post until they introduce themselves, etc.

5. When it looks like things are working well enough I'll turn the forum on and when you log in you should get in with your current ID & PW. And anyone that has ever posted should be labeled a Regular Member and be able to post.

I'm sure there will be issues we have to correct, but we should be able to do so fairly easily.

Yes, I am well aware that Murphy was an optimist: If it can go wrong it will go wrong. And some say there's an extension: If it can't go wrong it will anyway.

So I fully expect there to be problems with our conversion. Here's the way it is supposed to go:

1. At midnight CDT on the 16th I'll disable posting on the Nabble forum and email that I've done that. Then I'll move the Nabble forum to the Test Forum page and the InVision forum to the home page, change the banner to say we are DOWN, and go to bed.

2. Filimonov, who is a Nabble employee in Central Europe and, therefore, 7 - 8 hours ahead, will then take a backup and send it to Stuart.

3. Stuart, who is in the UK, will run the Nabble backup through his converter and put the output on our paid-for InVision forum - hopefully in a you-can't-post-here mode.

4. When I get up I'll check to see where we are and start adjusting things. The order of the folders doesn't come through correctly. Banned users, all 14 thereof, aren't banned and need to be. The NMSH header needs to say that newbies can post until they introduce themselves, etc.

5. When it looks like things are working well enough I'll turn the forum on and when you log in you should get in with your current ID & PW. And anyone that has ever posted should be labeled a Regular Member and be able to post.

I'm sure there will be issues we have to correct, but we should be able to do so fairly easily.

Sounds good sir! If I come across one of my copies of Murphy's law, I will scan and email it to you.