Bullnose Forums

Holley carb

Do you have a good 4180???

Because emissions compliant carbs are expensive and hard to come by without a core.

I ran a 0-80457-S 600 cfm Holley on my truck for years and really liked it!

I gave it to another member for their '79 Ranchero a while back.

If you don't have all the emissions, like the charcoal canisters and associated vacuum valves and switches I would forget about a 4180 and go with a generic Holley or Edelbrock in the 5-600 cfm range, or the Summit branded Autolite clone.

They're all good carbs for a pickup or Bronco.

Do you have a good 4180???

Because emissions compliant carbs are expensive and hard to come by without a core.

I ran a 0-80457-S 600 cfm Holley on my truck for years and really liked it!

I gave it to another member for their '79 Ranchero a while back.

If you don't have all the emissions, like the charcoal canisters and associated vacuum valves and switches I would forget about a 4180 and go with a generic Holley or Edelbrock in the 5-600 cfm range, or the Summit branded Autolite clone.

They're all good carbs for a pickup or Bronco.

I'm running a Holley 80457s on my bronco as it is extremely simple and when I built the engine, I built it as stripped down as possible. great option!

I'm running a Holley 80457s on my bronco as it is extremely simple and when I built the engine, I built it as stripped down as possible. great option!

I think it works well on Nick & George's Ranchero as well.

Gary likes the Summit/Autolite because it has a lid, and for some reason he can't get float bowls to keep from leaking....

The 80467-S is pretty much a drop in replacement, though I don't know about a kickdown linkage if you have an automatic.

I think it works well on Nick & George's Ranchero as well.

Gary likes the Summit/Autolite because it has a lid, and for some reason he can't get float bowls to keep from leaking....

The 80467-S is pretty much a drop in replacement, though I don't know about a kickdown linkage if you have an automatic.

it definitely has the linkage for the kickdown rod but I'm using the add on aod attachment on mine.

it definitely has the linkage for the kickdown rod but I'm using the add on aod attachment on mine.

Yes, I know it comes set up for a C6 style rod, but I haven't used it, so I can't say how "drop in" it is in that application

Im just hedging where I'm unsure, because I don't want to mislead the OP who's asking about a Bronco, which likely is an auto.

Holley has sold boatloads of these, I'd imagine they have it right or you'd see complaints all over the Internet.