Bullnose Forums

Not happy with LMC's "Premium" bumpers

Duly noted… I won’t trust it to pull anything of substance.

Says 5000lb max gross weight when used as a weight carry hitch and 10000lb with a load distributing hitch

There must be a gusset behind the receiver that I can't see in the photo, from my phone.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duly noted… I won’t trust it to pull anything of substance.

Says 5000lb max gross weight when used as a weight carry hitch and 10000lb with a load distributing hitch

These will give you a good idea of how Darth's V5 receiver is integrated into the rear bumper.

IMGP0617a.thumb.jpg.561a96ecf60bab60e735a769d4a1a8ee.jpg

IMGP0628b.thumb.jpg.ce62c3e1926d50028ae7267187673483.jpg

IMGP0630b.thumb.jpg.8248b638ea6d1c9abe4cd1c6b875e793.jpg

There must be a gusset behind the receiver that I can't see in the photo, from my phone.

Looks to be similar to my Reese receiver... The receiver tube goes all the way under the crossbar and the two are welded in a lap joint. The "angle iron" has a hole in it that the tube passes though; the angle iron both reinforces and provides the safety chain points. Mine is a bit different as it has a diagonal plate instead of angle iron (and is 5000/7500 rated, not 5000/10,000), but the idea is the same.

Thanks, looks really solid. I'll try to get some better pics.

Here was a load I brought from Newport News VA to Exmore. Trailer is a contractor's trailer and the load was two complete Overhead doors and three operators, one steel entrance door and most of the tracks for the Overhead doors. I also had a load of stuff in the bed. Darth normally climbs the uphill portions of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel at 55-60 mph in 4th (OD) gear, he was in 3rd (direct) at 54 mph.

DSC_0587.thumb.jpg.4df65a04af93217a32c188eec13f4712.jpg

DSC_0589.thumb.jpg.e947d08aa6fa4c83efa6c378ea723856.jpg

Here are the doors installed and functional.

DSCN1369.thumb.jpg.49108d49120109e4dadb0c02ae4add76.jpg

Here was a load I brought from Newport News VA to Exmore. Trailer is a contractor's trailer and the load was two complete Overhead doors and three operators, one steel entrance door and most of the tracks for the Overhead doors. I also had a load of stuff in the bed. Darth normally climbs the uphill portions of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel at 55-60 mph in 4th (OD) gear, he was in 3rd (direct) at 54 mph.

Here are the doors installed and functional.

I do remember the erection of your workshop Bill!

I recall the inspector said he wanted to be there when the big storm hit.

So, how has it been working out for you?

I know that you had partitioned off some office space so that it would be easier to keep air conditioned, but that the shop itself had been invaded by garden tractors! 😉

I'm not so familiar with Valley hitches. :nabble_anim_confused:

Mostly see Reese and Drawtite up here.

Then there's the U-haul option. I think Reese makes them....

I do remember the erection of your workshop Bill!

I recall the inspector said he wanted to be there when the big storm hit.

So, how has it been working out for you?

I know that you had partitioned off some office space so that it would be easier to keep air conditioned, but that the shop itself had been invaded by garden tractors! 😉

I'm not so familiar with Valley hitches. :nabble_anim_confused:

Mostly see Reese and Drawtite up here.

Then there's the U-haul option. I think Reese makes them....

Garden tractors and a konvertible.

Front wall is framed, 2X6 uprights on 16" centers, uprights on the two doors are 3 laminated, staggered joint 2X6 posts that go all the way to the roofline. Exterior is 3/4" plywood, tar paper and then the vinyl siding. Siding is the same as the house so it matches. Front wall meets the 105 mph wind load requirement per local code (only place on the East Coast higher is Florida). Building is 150 mph wind load cerified.

Garden tractors and a konvertible.

Front wall is framed, 2X6 uprights on 16" centers, uprights on the two doors are 3 laminated, staggered joint 2X6 posts that go all the way to the roofline. Exterior is 3/4" plywood, tar paper and then the vinyl siding. Siding is the same as the house so it matches. Front wall meets the 105 mph wind load requirement per local code (only place on the East Coast higher is Florida). Building is 150 mph wind load cerified.

Oh yes!

I didn't mean to ignore your namesake. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

You've done a tremendous amount of work on that.

It will be a real sleeper, in the old school tradition!

Oh yes!

I didn't mean to ignore your namesake. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

You've done a tremendous amount of work on that.

It will be a real sleeper, in the old school tradition!

Definitely, T2K-CAR MKI was, as a few Mustang owners learned the hard way. a roughly 200hp engine in a relatively light car, which also has a rather low CG due to the reinforcements under the carpet. Car is quite fast, Matt had it's predicessor up in NOVA, around Springfield, he had some clown try to cut him off at that interchange (aka "the mixing bowl") he stood on it, then when he got home aksed me why the digital dash didn't blank at 85. I told him the switch was set to "export", he said it went to 99, then 00, 01, 02, 03 etc. I asked how high, he said 21 and still pulling.

I decided T2K-CAR MKII needed better rear brakes, the convertible fronts are shared with the K-wagons, rears are the standard 9" drums with narrow shoes. I now have the rear discs from a 1989 Lebaron GTC, 2.5L Turbo that have internal drum parking brakes.