Bullnose Forums

Hey, how's it going, everyone? I'm Caleb; I heard about this site from a Facebook group. I currently have a 1985 F150 XLT Lariat with a 351W 2WD. I am currently trying to get it started again. The wiring from the person before is a rat's nest. The diagrams I've found all say there's an ECM, which I can't find, and people have told me there isn't one. The disturber appears to be adjusted wrong; I will do more research to see if my theory is correct.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

The ECU should be in a bracket roughly above the gas pedal.

Where's home? We have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and I can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome Caleb!

351H.O. will have a 4 barrel carb and an ignition box on the driver's inner fender.

Is there a vacuum hose going to the distributor?

My bad. I wasn't reading fully. My excuse is that the back screw came out of a drawer track in the pantry and the drawer went too far back and would NOT come out. So I was frustrated and not paying attention. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But more and bigger screws are now in all the tracks and all is good. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, an HO has no ECU. Just DS-II and a 4bbl. (Sounds like a song.)

My bad. I wasn't reading fully. My excuse is that the back screw came out of a drawer track in the pantry and the drawer went too far back and would NOT come out. So I was frustrated and not paying attention. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But more and bigger screws are now in all the tracks and all is good. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, an HO has no ECU. Just DS-II and a 4bbl. (Sounds like a song.)

"wasn't reading fully"

For some of us that's a full-time thing... and ADHD is often an excuse.. but more likely just jumping to conclusions :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

(Strictly speaking for myself)

Btw, Welcome Caleb!!