Bullnose Forums

Chrome: Whitening / Rusting

I think I am mostly done with LMC unless they sell one-of-a-kind. If there is another source for the same product, I've made up my mind to stay away from LMC. I've had to rig things up due to poor fit.... just in my 78 Bronco... the speedometer cable was too long, the gas tank vent stub location was in the wrong spot... i'm forgetting a couple other things.. I've also had good luck with them on other stuff in the past... but generally speaking they do sell one-of-a-kind stuff and where their value lies.

Y'all need to go to the vendor reviews/feedback and let Keith know how badly LMC is failing.

It's not like the holding company or investment group that is choking the life out of them gives a damn!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already tagged him to the vendor reviews. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

..... Crickets

What's the point when you've sold your soul?

Amen ! Almost a year now and nothing on gas door bumpers 85 F150 or did I miss that ? CJ

Amen ! Almost a year now and nothing on gas door bumpers 85 F150 or did I miss that ? CJ

I'm subscribed CJ, and I don't have any notifications.

I think it was Cory who properly identified the bumper you're looking for.

I probably would have put a glob of RTV silicone and called it a day

I'm subscribed CJ, and I don't have any notifications.

I think it was Cory who properly identified the bumper you're looking for.

I probably would have put a glob of RTV silicone and called it a day

Well the nice thing to know is that "chrome" aka chromium 6 is being banned pretty much everywhere so adopting alternative options may be the future.

The ultrasonic cleaner does work great on rust and chrome without having to do any polish work. I am using a 1:1 ratio of simple green concentrate and water. But it can only do what it does on what fits. I have about 19~20 inches of length in my 30L unit. Aluminum and copper brightwork though you should be able to hit it with gray scotch bright followed by white and put a decent polish on it but it's going to corrode and go white on you without any protection.

I'm tinkering with nickel plating some parts soon to see what kind of a shine I can get.

Well the nice thing to know is that "chrome" aka chromium 6 is being banned pretty much everywhere so adopting alternative options may be the future.

The ultrasonic cleaner does work great on rust and chrome without having to do any polish work. I am using a 1:1 ratio of simple green concentrate and water. But it can only do what it does on what fits. I have about 19~20 inches of length in my 30L unit. Aluminum and copper brightwork though you should be able to hit it with gray scotch bright followed by white and put a decent polish on it but it's going to corrode and go white on you without any protection.

I'm tinkering with nickel plating some parts soon to see what kind of a shine I can get.

Hexavalent chrome is a very nasty carcinogen that is incredibly pervasive in the environment.

Once it affects a community or aquifer everybody is pretty much screwed. (see Erin Brokovitch)

Ruger gun plant near me contaminated the Saugatuck river so bad they had to close the plant and relocate from Southport.

Kodak too, along with a bunch of pigment and dye companies...

You only have to screw up once.

Nickel may not be quite so bad, but metallic salts (in general) are not what you want to play with.

For a nice shine, prep and the surfactants used in the bath are key, as is controlling the voltage & current.

Those British guys in the video do a great job explaining it if you've been following them for as long as I have.

• 2 weeks later...

Hexavalent chrome is a very nasty carcinogen that is incredibly pervasive in the environment.

Once it affects a community or aquifer everybody is pretty much screwed. (see Erin Brokovitch)

Ruger gun plant near me contaminated the Saugatuck river so bad they had to close the plant and relocate from Southport.

Kodak too, along with a bunch of pigment and dye companies...

You only have to screw up once.

Nickel may not be quite so bad, but metallic salts (in general) are not what you want to play with.

For a nice shine, prep and the surfactants used in the bath are key, as is controlling the voltage & current.

Those British guys in the video do a great job explaining it if you've been following them for as long as I have.

Just an update, to inform you that… I have no update.

Two weeks after my email to LMC’s Customer Support, no sound, no image from them.

:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Two weeks after my email to LMC’s Customer Support, no sound, no image from them.

They actually have a "customer support" organization? Well, maybe in name only?

tu m'étonnes. 🙄

CJ has been waiting a year....

They can't even correct a part number that they already have for body mounts (and LMC has been aware of for multiple years)

I really had high hopes that some of this "stuff" would get straightened out when a person who knows better was hired to head the Ford parts section. 🤡

I have the same deal. No response.