Bullnose Forums

confusion about the HEI Relay

I bought the Holley and manifold combo from Summit. The manifold is a Summit brand I'll check the numbers on it. My current AFB carb is # H1 9627S

Well, there you go! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Your Bronco is putting up a fuss because it's breathing through a "French" carburetor! 😉

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there you go! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Your Bronco is putting up a fuss because it's breathing through a "French" carburetor! 😉

This shouldn't be a problem considering I'm in Acadiana. Upity French. This is what Im dealing with.

IMG_20240704_135045.jpg.79b6dea4d0a147f7347dd9523391989b.jpgIMG_20240704_135040.jpg.c4ace248bed4d3fb3cc0e875e2d4f864.jpg

IMG_20240704_135101.jpg.0577026a5f449efc271ef0f0de41f34c.jpgIMG_20240704_135139.jpg.a56a3d3bf0677ec86ac41a8629498160.jpgIMG_20240704_135109.jpg.fd3c37db5cf40ea2b1eb31826b245019.jpg

This shouldn't be a problem considering I'm in Acadiana. Upity French. This is what Im dealing with.

I wasn't saying anything about the French.

They gave us a great deal on Louisiana territory! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

But a Chebbie carb?

Sacrilege!!! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

You're running the booster from the front of the carb?

Isn't there a manifold port in the back of that intake?

So you've got the speed control disconnected!

Did it help?

What's up with the knife switch?

But a Chebbie carb?

Did it help?

My questions are (a) where is the PCV connected ? (b) why not use the vacuum tree on the back of the manifold for the brake booster ? © who wired this thing, Larry, Moe, Curly, Jack Legg or Ham Phist?

I think Joe Lucas is spinning in his grave.

But a Chebbie carb?

Did it help?

Exactly why I posted pics! Please tell me how to run the hoses. Thats the way the holley was recommended. The back is PCV I thought

just from my observation of the photo. you are using an afb in lieu of the Holley this truck came with. is this a c6 truck. if so, where is the kickdown rod? it is an aftermarket aluminum intake but is the factory throttle bracket. this bracket is intended for the narrow footprint of the Holley and therefore has the throttle linkage at an angle which often causes a bind. I have made many brackets for this reason alone. in order for the throttle to keep a linear pull its important to keep it at a 90-degree angle to the throttle on the carb. also, the throw (travel) has a limited range. as a safety it is normal for the throttle to need to be compressing the spring as much as 1/4" to snap onto the carb ball stud. this maintains enough closing pressure on the throttle lever.

Exactly why I posted pics! Please tell me how to run the hoses. Thats the way the holley was recommended. The back is PCV I thought

it is more important for the pcv to go to as common of a vacuum point as possible as to make all cylinders draw pcv equally. for example, if it were on one single runner, that cylinder would get a lean charge as it would be pulling pcv vapors instead. the brake booster is different as it does not flow anything (unless it's bad being a vacuum leak) it can go to a vacuum tree as long as its big enough port for the hose.

it is more important for the pcv to go to as common of a vacuum point as possible as to make all cylinders draw pcv equally. for example, if it were on one single runner, that cylinder would get a lean charge as it would be pulling pcv vapors instead. the brake booster is different as it does not flow anything (unless it's bad being a vacuum leak) it can go to a vacuum tree as long as its big enough port for the hose.

it's possible that you have a plugged threaded port to a runner plugged with Allen socket plug. this can be replaced with a brass 3/8nptx3/8barb fitting and take the booster if necessary. just be certain it's an intake runner and not a coolant passage for a temp sender or the like.

it's possible that you have a plugged threaded port to a runner plugged with Allen socket plug. this can be replaced with a brass 3/8nptx3/8barb fitting and take the booster if necessary. just be certain it's an intake runner and not a coolant passage for a temp sender or the like.

So what your saying is that I shouldnt use a port on the Carb I should use the Manifold? I did do what you said to get a vacuum to the little tree located on the body near the hood, I used a 1/8 NPT connection.