Bullnose Forums

Vapor lock question

Oil level is a low and I FEEL like it smell like gas, but now that I've smelled it about 10 times idk, I may be high now.

Ok so. Found that I could tighten the fuel pump at least a turn on each bolt, moved the steel fuel line further from the header and it ran like its supposed to, what the heck I'll take it for now. Not related but I sucked seafoam into the intake, carb and fuel, Then set the timing to 10 degrees. So I hope its all good for now. I'll take a run around the block, Im afraid to put insurance and plates until I know for sure she's ready to go.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so. Found that I could tighten the fuel pump at least a turn on each bolt, moved the steel fuel line further from the header and it ran like its supposed to, what the heck I'll take it for now. Not related but I sucked seafoam into the intake, carb and fuel, Then set the timing to 10 degrees. So I hope its all good for now. I'll take a run around the block, Im afraid to put insurance and plates until I know for sure she's ready to go.

That's great!

So you think the arm just wasn't getting actuated?

I'm so glad you have a simple resolution! :nabble_anim_jump:

Wonderful! :nabble_anim_jump:

That's great!

So you think the arm just wasn't getting actuated?

I'm so glad you have a simple resolution! :nabble_anim_jump:

I don't know because it rests on the crank right? If that's the case it would have to be really loose. I'm really not sure. I honestly think the steel line being an inch from the header was it. I can test it by moving it back and see if bubbles again coulda been bottom of the tank gas I added more, or crap getting sucked into the line because I didn't have a screen on the pick up tube. At any rate I'm thankful for guys like you that take time out to help others!.

I don't know because it rests on the crank right? If that's the case it would have to be really loose. I'm really not sure. I honestly think the steel line being an inch from the header was it. I can test it by moving it back and see if bubbles again coulda been bottom of the tank gas I added more, or crap getting sucked into the line because I didn't have a screen on the pick up tube. At any rate I'm thankful for guys like you that take time out to help others!.

The pump rides on the cam eccentric.

The fuel line an inch from the exhaust manifold is not good.

Gary has some braided sleeve that reflects the heat.

I like that. I'm regretting the headers so much now.

headers on the average truck are really a waste of money. that said i use them more than not. (mostly because it sells better). that's just being honest. yet I'm the guy who does not throw away manifolds. i find certain cases where they are simply the best fit and require less heat shielding. in your case, are we talking about the line from pump to carb or from tank? tank line should be plastic with the engine bay end being a steel section that hooks around the frame edge and gets held to the frame with a plastic hold down clamp. this should keep it away from the headers. but look into a heat shield or header wrap as a good preventative.

headers on the average truck are really a waste of money. that said i use them more than not. (mostly because it sells better). that's just being honest. yet I'm the guy who does not throw away manifolds. i find certain cases where they are simply the best fit and require less heat shielding. in your case, are we talking about the line from pump to carb or from tank? tank line should be plastic with the engine bay end being a steel section that hooks around the frame edge and gets held to the frame with a plastic hold down clamp. this should keep it away from the headers. but look into a heat shield or header wrap as a good preventative.

Yeah that clip was broken so ive tiewraped it.

My truck has metal lines on the frame rail and about a foot of rubber behind the Power steering pump to the mechanical pump.

Metal from there to the carb..

I'm not sure what 351 HO's do about that...