Bullnose Forums

"Gas FM" Radio Bezel

I’m going with owner modification. Ford already printed “Diesel Fuel Only” on the cluster mask directly below the tach for 6.9 trucks. Catalyst engines were marked “Unleaded Fuel Only”, and non-Catalyst engines had no marking there…

IMG_9316.jpeg.65d2b058c4e725f4b25b0f3f5fef4573.jpeg

I’m going with owner modification. Ford already printed “Diesel Fuel Only” on the cluster mask directly below the tach for 6.9 trucks. Catalyst engines were marked “Unleaded Fuel Only”, and non-Catalyst engines had no marking there…

its the "f" and "m" that I am not getting. am I about to "face palm" ? help me out here.:nabble_anim_confused:

its the "f" and "m" that I am not getting. am I about to "face palm" ? help me out here.:nabble_anim_confused:

I've been playing with these trucks since around 2008 and I have never come across any photos of another truck with handwriting in marker on the radio bezel from the factory. It's definitely a former or current owner's handywork.

I've been playing with these trucks since around 2008 and I have never come across any photos of another truck with handwriting in marker on the radio bezel from the factory. It's definitely a former or current owner's handywork.

Fred and Margaret!

I think it's FM for FM radio maybe I'll go play with it in a minute to see if it's added on.

I think it's FM for FM radio maybe I'll go play with it in a minute to see if it's added on.

It would appear at some point in this trucks life someone used an oil based polyurethane or some yelling adhesive to coat this bezel resulting in the burl laminate to crumble. It also appears it was used to glue those letters in place came off pretty easy. They look darn well as old as the truck it's self.

20240626_221049.jpg.d10c082e96c31f4a3b930b89ebe216e2.jpg

20240626_221008.jpg.8821ee1ccf1d46ea04c4fb9887282273.jpg

It would appear at some point in this trucks life someone used an oil based polyurethane or some yelling adhesive to coat this bezel resulting in the burl laminate to crumble. It also appears it was used to glue those letters in place came off pretty easy. They look darn well as old as the truck it's self.

That's methed up! :nabble_anim_crazy: