Bullnose Forums

'Rufus Maximus' - Build Thread

Danny G

Ok, what are the resistors for? You need to be careful mounting anything that gets hot to the inner fenders, they are plastic.

To replace the burnt up resistor wire In the fuel pump circuit. ^^^

I honestly think the wire has more area to dissipate heat, but I'm not building the harness.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think the wire has more area to dissipate heat, but I'm not building the harness.

Be better to mount it on metal... like near the starter solenoid or voltage regulator...

Damn, I think I may still have the one I took off Darth. I kept all of that incase someone needed it.

Danny doesn't want it....

I meant the metal body like next to the starter solenoid or something. This is definitely going to be an expirement. It could very well burn up, or be awesome. I was hoping to use something like an ATC/ATO maxi diode but that fell through with the ford box breaking up.

Here is the replacement option for that relay box I ordered. It seems pretty solid and is sealed as well.

1000005092.jpg.87c86e17ae0472441a6d38853c487fea.jpg

Also this fused distribution block.

1000005098.thumb.jpg.7497caffd642259a22afd91a3ae5b753.jpg

1000005099.jpg.8f0d3a75c0a62a7f643fd17127d700e8.jpg

0.75ohms should never have caused it to burn up. Something had to be significantly wrong. Probably stemming from other aftermarket wire or parts.

You have an 8 ohm resistance wire in the dash for example.

0.75ohms should never have caused it to burn up. Something had to be significantly wrong. Probably stemming from other aftermarket wire or parts.

You have an 8 ohm resistance wire in the dash for example.

I'm not ignorant.

So the pump shorted out (or the harness)

The fender should be able to dissipate 100W easily. (maybe add some heatsink grease?)

Up here it would be convenient to attach it to the cowl panel so it can melt ice in winter! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I've been scorched by those things in too many Mopar's back in the day!

I'm not ignorant.

So the pump shorted out (or the harness)

The fender should be able to dissipate 100W easily. (maybe add some heatsink grease?)

Up here it would be convenient to attach it to the cowl panel so it can melt ice in winter! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I've been scorched by those things in too many Mopar's back in the day!

LOL that's a fantastic idea keep the ice at bay.