Bullnose Forums

'Rufus Maximus' - Build Thread

Danny G

I appreciate all the help. Im also worried about these seals/scrapers on the back doors. The one for the fixed window. I'm sure there is generic cut to fit material out there if needed. I could also potentially see a glass shop.

Wiper motor out and linkage arms

It's interesting how these are just press fit onto the wiper "studs"/"mount" not sure the actual nomenclature. E2B-17532-AB is printed on it the main body appears to be fiber reinforced plastic, it's worn and has fibers visible. I'm curious if this is paintable to help seal and protect it.

I decided while I had it apart I would just go ahead and clean, treat and paint the pieces. Also going to get new weather seals etc for the cowl. I really want to get into powder coating, but for now some ceramic/high temp paint is quick and cheap for these small parts.

Did these use to have a nylon waster or bushing between the metal and the plastic wiper?

Also going to get some new screws with sealing washers. This will protect the paint and metal from being damaged and causing future issues with rust etc.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how these are just press fit onto the wiper "studs"/"mount" not sure the actual nomenclature. E2B-17532-AB is printed on it the main body appears to be fiber reinforced plastic, it's worn and has fibers visible. I'm curious if this is paintable to help seal and protect it.

I decided while I had it apart I would just go ahead and clean, treat and paint the pieces. Also going to get new weather seals etc for the cowl. I really want to get into powder coating, but for now some ceramic/high temp paint is quick and cheap for these small parts.

Did these use to have a nylon waster or bushing between the metal and the plastic wiper?

Also going to get some new screws with sealing washers. This will protect the paint and metal from being damaged and causing future issues with rust etc.

20240627_110621.jpg.40311128a74e847ab068203307834de3.jpg

20240627_102452.jpg.6567ee2d0dc607163ee810e8e702ba5c.jpg

Adjusted the hood it was grinding the cowl

Nylon bushingsfor the linkage available in the Dorman HELP! section.

There is nothing beneath the wiper arm on the pivot.

I turned Gary on to the idea of garage door weatherstrip for a cowl seal.

He has a tutorial.... 💡👍

Got home and started cleaning what remained of the old rotted open cell foam seal under the cowl.

Went to the garage to find some goo gone and didn't but, came across my gallon of WD40 and remembered that it works well on removing adhesives. WD 40 didn't disappoint. I like using it to clean tools and then oil any hinge work after.

20240627_212656.jpg.a53d6b1b6f7475b09ae98de4728751f9.jpg

20240627_220624.jpg.1c0499f29a3cb957c2fc3c48b382327e.jpg

20240627_221454.jpg.4efbe56745ca7386beed14c47449d871.jpg

Got home and started cleaning what remained of the old rotted open cell foam seal under the cowl.

Went to the garage to find some goo gone and didn't but, came across my gallon of WD40 and remembered that it works well on removing adhesives. WD 40 didn't disappoint. I like using it to clean tools and then oil any hinge work after.

The blue bristle Otis firearm brushes are my go to "toothbrush" style cleaning brush for just about everything. Work better than metal bristles for most tasks especially if damage is a concern.

The blue bristle Otis firearm brushes are my go to "toothbrush" style cleaning brush for just about everything. Work better than metal bristles for most tasks especially if damage is a concern.

Haven't tried WD40, but will now that you show those results. Nor have I heard of those brushes. May try them as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Haven't tried WD40, but will now that you show those results. Nor have I heard of those brushes. May try them as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

I remember my dad telling me it removed old duct tape glue like a champ. I put it on there let it soak in and started scrubbing it about then wiped it up with a cloth. Benefit is it also helps with rust.

The cloth in the picture is a "wire" cloth. Non scratch dish type thing

Screenshot_20240627_230200_Amazon_Shopping.thumb.jpg.a52fbde62ff2977577973cb0c4aa8cbe.jpg

The brushes available are blue, white and brass. Blue is the stiffer of the two nylon types.

Screenshot_20240627_230232_Amazon_Shopping.thumb.jpg.fba01c41c4a216a5c76ff4a3ce6a9832.jpg