Bullnose Forums

1981 F-100 Custom - Parting Out

Time is limited. This truck will be gone from my property by August 1 (hopefully), Sept. 1 certainly.

I am parting out an '81 F-100 short bed style side. To be honest, there's not much that's good on the truck that I'm not keeping.

However, here's some parts I do not have interest in (there may be more, feel free to ask).

Front fenders: I have three, two are after-market (passenger side & driver side) and in good condition. One (driver side) is o.e. but in poor shape. It has rust thru.

Hood: appears to be 1982-86 (no holes for F-O-R-D letters). One spot of rust thru about 2" long on the driver side edge.

Doors: These have the low-mount slide lock rods. A little rot in the driver side rear corner. Passenger side has rust in the lower seam but is not rotten. Glass and regulators are good but needs refurbishment (no door cards). Wind-wings work. Will need all weatherstriping.

Cab: needs floor replacement along driver side rocker. Some small rust areas in corners but minimal. Cowl appears to be sound.

Bed: is in sad condition. Rot in arches and corners. Also around bed bolts.

Tailgate: in surprisingly good condition. No rot, very little surface rust. Appears to have an issue with passenger side latch as seam has been split/opened for access? Not a hack job could easily be fixed.

Frame: appears to be solid but has surface rust. Should clean up with some effort (sandblast or power tools & rust encapsulator)

Bumpers: front is good with some surface rust and some scuffs. Rear is argent silver and may be tweaked a little

Seat: bench in good working condition, needs to be recovered.

Dash: mostly removed. Have speedo, speedo surround, ash try and glove box door. Interior windshield/A-pillar trim in good condition.

Sliding rear window: Decent condition. Has Car-Lite glass with aluminum frame. Weatherseal is toast.

Fan shrouds: One for V8 and one for I6. Both are cracked/broken but can be fixed.

Rear axle: 9" with 2.47:1 gears (Axle Code 17). Small leak at pinion seal. Brake shoes are binding but truck will roll. Needs refurbishment. 5 x 5.5" bolt pattern

Twin I-beams: Kingpin style with 5 x 5.5" bolt pattern.

If I missed anything, feel free to ask. I did a video walk around

Repeat: Time is limited. This truck will be gone from my property by August 1 (hopefully), Sept. 1 certainly.

If you're interested in the whole thing, I have a 300/6 out of a '79 F-150 with 106K miles and an AOD trans. Let's make a deal.

Make no mistake, if no one has any interest, I will cut it into smaller pieces and take it to the local scrap yard.

I am just west of O'Hare Airport (NW Chicago 'burbs). I can ship but bigger pieces may be very costly (even freight).

• 1 month later...

I'm down to a good Spectra 16 gallon gas tank, with sender and straps. This assembly appears to be newer, it's still silver (with a little surface rust where the tank met the frame x-member). It has old/bad fuel in it but I'll take care of that.

I also have the 9" rear axle with 2.47:1 gears (axle code 17). Appears to be leaking from the pinion seal, otherwise solid. Driver's side drum is a little sticky but turns. Passenger side is free (and appears to have a newer wheel cylinder).

Rear leaf spring for the truck were saved as well.

I would prefer not to scrap these items and I'll hang onto the axle if no one wants it. The gas tank will go as I bought a new one for my Flare Side (before I decided to buy the F-100 with it's newer tank).

Everything else is gone. LMK if you need anything.