Bullnose Forums

NEED SOME HELP: Please Look @ Library Table

Not sure if it's still WRONG but the Word version is not working well for me. The lists don't scroll very well and get stuck jiggling. The PDF, on the other hand, works fine for me.

Also, we have some of the 82 books and brochures. We are happy to share images of anything we have as time permits.

1982 Light Truck Shop Manual, Body/Chassis/Electrical

1982 Light Truck Shop Manual, Engine

1982 Light Medium Heavy Truck Shop Manual, Pre-Delivery/Maintenance/Lubrication

1982 Car/Truck Shop Manual, Engine/Emissions Diagnosis

1982 Bronoc/F100/350/Courier Electrical * Vacuum Trouble-Shooting Manual

Haynes Repair Manual, Ford Pick-ups & Bronco 1980-1996

1982 F-Series Pickup Brochure

1982 4-Wheeler Brochure

Not sure if it's still WRONG but the Word version is not working well for me. The lists don't scroll very well and get stuck jiggling. The PDF, on the other hand, works fine for me.

Also, we have some of the 82 books and brochures. We are happy to share images of anything we have as time permits.

1982 Light Truck Shop Manual, Body/Chassis/Electrical

1982 Light Truck Shop Manual, Engine

1982 Light Medium Heavy Truck Shop Manual, Pre-Delivery/Maintenance/Lubrication

1982 Car/Truck Shop Manual, Engine/Emissions Diagnosis

1982 Bronoc/F100/350/Courier Electrical * Vacuum Trouble-Shooting Manual

Haynes Repair Manual, Ford Pick-ups & Bronco 1980-1996

1982 F-Series Pickup Brochure

1982 4-Wheeler Brochure

Thanks, Will. But I'm having problems with both Google and Microsoft so I'm exploring a different way of doing this - creating a table on the Weebly page and not using either Google or Microsoft.

Please use the menu to see the drop-down below Library and go to Advert's & Brochures or click on this link to go there directly: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/adverts--brochures.html. Does that load better? How does it look?

It does for me but doesn't look as good in portrait on my phone due to wrapping of the text. But it is better in landscape, although not perfect.

However, the Weebly app is a PAIN to use. It is really, really difficult and tedious, so I'm loathe to do all that work until y'all look it over and say "Yes!!!! That's IT!!!!" Or not.

As for sharing, one of the reasons I want to get the list of things I have on the site is so y'all don't go buying or scanning things for me.

And I don't put complete manuals on that are being produced by someone licensed by Ford. That includes the shop manuals as you can buy them in CD format under a Ford license.

But smaller or one-off things like brochures or training manuals aren't licensed for reproduction by Ford and are legitimate to put on. So if you want to scan some of them and send to me I can use them. But please scan in 600 dpi as I run my optical character recognition program on things like manuals so people can search them for what they are looking for.

Thanks, Will. But I'm having problems with both Google and Microsoft so I'm exploring a different way of doing this - creating a table on the Weebly page and not using either Google or Microsoft.

Please use the menu to see the drop-down below Library and go to Advert's & Brochures or click on this link to go there directly: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/adverts--brochures.html. Does that load better? How does it look?

It does for me but doesn't look as good in portrait on my phone due to wrapping of the text. But it is better in landscape, although not perfect.

However, the Weebly app is a PAIN to use. It is really, really difficult and tedious, so I'm loathe to do all that work until y'all look it over and say "Yes!!!! That's IT!!!!" Or not.

As for sharing, one of the reasons I want to get the list of things I have on the site is so y'all don't go buying or scanning things for me.

And I don't put complete manuals on that are being produced by someone licensed by Ford. That includes the shop manuals as you can buy them in CD format under a Ford license.

But smaller or one-off things like brochures or training manuals aren't licensed for reproduction by Ford and are legitimate to put on. So if you want to scan some of them and send to me I can use them. But please scan in 600 dpi as I run my optical character recognition program on things like manuals so people can search them for what they are looking for.

That looks much better!

That looks much better!

Thanks, Will.

All of y'all - I now have re-created the pdf/Excel/Word table for advertisements and brochures on the Weebly page called Adverts & Brochures under Library, meaning using the dropdown. Please look it over and let me know what you thing, but don't get hung up that some of the pages don't open. There's an issue with Microsoft at the moment that I'm working in the background, but the real question is what you think of the Adverts & Brochures page.

If that is a better approach than using a pdf, or Excel, or Word table then I'll continue on down that road, but need to know soonest as that is a painful, rocky road and I don't want to go there if it isn't what we want.

Assuming it is, then we need to decide on whether or not to use separate pages or tabs:

• Separate Pages: This means that on a Windows device you'll hover over the Library link and you'll then see links to the separate pages. Or on an iPhone, and presumably Android, you'll single click on Library and see the links to the separate pages.

• Tabs: This means that you just go to the page called Library and on that page you are presented with multiple tabs. But this isn't a very good solution for mobile devices as you have to scroll to see all of the tabs and it isn't intuitively obvious to the casual observer that there are more tabs. And we are limited to the practical # of tabs, with a max of 5. So if we need more than that we are back to individual pages.

I'm voting for separate pages as it is much more flexible to create. If we come up with documents we can't put in the existing categories we will create a new one. But that's not easy with tabs.

However, I'd like to hear from y'all. :nabble_waving_orig:

Thanks, Will.

All of y'all - I now have re-created the pdf/Excel/Word table for advertisements and brochures on the Weebly page called Adverts & Brochures under Library, meaning using the dropdown. Please look it over and let me know what you thing, but don't get hung up that some of the pages don't open. There's an issue with Microsoft at the moment that I'm working in the background, but the real question is what you think of the Adverts & Brochures page.

If that is a better approach than using a pdf, or Excel, or Word table then I'll continue on down that road, but need to know soonest as that is a painful, rocky road and I don't want to go there if it isn't what we want.

Assuming it is, then we need to decide on whether or not to use separate pages or tabs:

• Separate Pages: This means that on a Windows device you'll hover over the Library link and you'll then see links to the separate pages. Or on an iPhone, and presumably Android, you'll single click on Library and see the links to the separate pages.

• Tabs: This means that you just go to the page called Library and on that page you are presented with multiple tabs. But this isn't a very good solution for mobile devices as you have to scroll to see all of the tabs and it isn't intuitively obvious to the casual observer that there are more tabs. And we are limited to the practical # of tabs, with a max of 5. So if we need more than that we are back to individual pages.

I'm voting for separate pages as it is much more flexible to create. If we come up with documents we can't put in the existing categories we will create a new one. But that's not easy with tabs.

Looks good on this end! Nicely laid out and pretty easy to follow.

Thanks, Will.

Worked and seemed fine to me.

Dane - What about tabs vs pages?

I'm sorry, I'm not getting it. I'm using a laptop with Windows 11. I'm seeing the links but no tabs.

Haven't tried my iPhone.

Edit, Okay, I think I see what I wasn't doing. I clicked on library instead of the list below. I like the pages better. Easier for me to see.

I'm sorry, I'm not getting it. I'm using a laptop with Windows 11. I'm seeing the links but no tabs.

Haven't tried my iPhone.

Edit, Okay, I think I see what I wasn't doing. I clicked on library instead of the list below. I like the pages better. Easier for me to see.

Yes, that's what I was asking about - the tabs on the Library page. Thanks.