Bullnose Forums

460 is running rich on Edelbrock 1411

Yep, I didn't expect it at the "gym" where Janey is taking therapy. But some of these people have been coming there for 20+ years and know everyone and their families. The first day there I didn't fit in - or so I thought. But now I do. :nabble_smiley_good:

Summit was only able to warranty for the same and barely so :nabble_smiley_blush:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summit was only able to warranty for the same and barely so :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'll see when I can get by to the barn.

I know that I took it off and changed the accelerator pump. (Brass & blue I believe)

But life is very hectic for me right now.

I'm trying to be in five places at once.

I'll see when I can get by to the barn.

I know that I took it off and changed the accelerator pump. (Brass & blue I believe)

But life is very hectic for me right now.

I'm trying to be in five places at once.

If you find it let me know I don’t like free stuff so I’ll be paying for it :nabble_smiley_wink:

In my limited experience, getting things for almost free or a great bargain almost always has resulted in hoarding. If a fair price is paid, then it is more likely to be used.

I always have discouraged people from selling trucks or truck parts below market value, as almost often that results in using up the truck for parts or just hoarding.

If you find it let me know I don’t like free stuff so I’ll be paying for it :nabble_smiley_wink:

In my limited experience, getting things for almost free or a great bargain almost always has resulted in hoarding. If a fair price is paid, then it is more likely to be used.

I always have discouraged people from selling trucks or truck parts below market value, as almost often that results in using up the truck for parts or just hoarding.

It's not hoarding, if you're running it! 😈

It's not hoarding, if you're running it! 😈

I have a brand new replacement now, so I cannot blame the carburetor again :nabble_smiley_blush:

But then since the secondaries are adjustable, I am very intrigued in the 650 AVS. I will probably be trying it out... but I cannot promise that I will in the near-term. So, if I receive yours, it will go from one storage to another :nabble_smiley_wink: for a period... Just being honest :) Maybe I'll just reach out when I'm ready, sound fair ?

I have a brand new replacement now, so I cannot blame the carburetor again :nabble_smiley_blush:

But then since the secondaries are adjustable, I am very intrigued in the 650 AVS. I will probably be trying it out... but I cannot promise that I will in the near-term. So, if I receive yours, it will go from one storage to another :nabble_smiley_wink: for a period... Just being honest :) Maybe I'll just reach out when I'm ready, sound fair ?

I have lots of things in the barn.

I may need to rent a lift-gate van to get some of my stuff out of there.

Like I said, I'm all about paying it forward.

I have lots of things in the barn.

I may need to rent a lift-gate van to get some of my stuff out of there.

Like I said, I'm all about paying it forward.

Understood and I appreciate it very much :nabble_smiley_good:

Got the new setup in. I need to install a 90 degree 1/8 NPT adapter later for the gauge as there is only 1/4 inch clearance to the blower motor assembly. I don’t think the engine will move any I have solid mounts, but still aesthetically it would look better.

Got all threads sealed with Loctite PST, will give it 24 hours to set and then I’ll run the electric pump and flush some gas before filling the carburetor.

3EC67A72-4001-4D63-86AD-741546D723B0.jpeg.aed82cd1c4449bb0d25d88ddb7385b42.jpeg

Understood and I appreciate it very much :nabble_smiley_good:

Got the new setup in. I need to install a 90 degree 1/8 NPT adapter later for the gauge as there is only 1/4 inch clearance to the blower motor assembly. I don’t think the engine will move any I have solid mounts, but still aesthetically it would look better.

Got all threads sealed with Loctite PST, will give it 24 hours to set and then I’ll run the electric pump and flush some gas before filling the carburetor.

That's a 750 with only single feed???

That's a 750 with only single feed???

Yes it is the Edelbrock 1411.... that's all I could exchange it for.

Big Blue 2WD has the same exact one as well and it has plenty of torque!! I have been very happy with that.

Yes it is the Edelbrock 1411.... that's all I could exchange it for.

Big Blue 2WD has the same exact one as well and it has plenty of torque!! I have been very happy with that.

I think that's the same carb I had on Big Blue, and it worked well. :nabble_smiley_good: