Bullnose Forums

460 is running rich on Edelbrock 1411

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you enjoy the dinner and show!

It will probably be cool to put faces & personalities with their usernames....

Thanks!!

I still haven't decided which one to drive. My top priority is comfort and neither one is a clear winner :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:.... As crazy as I have been, neither vehicle has a spare tire yet!! AAA coverage has given me overconfidence.

For BB 2WD, its easy I just need to grab the best wheel/tire off the parts truck...

For Bronco, I will need to see what I have at my storage shed in terms of tires, I know I have a couple of brand new 31" tires... find an aluminum rim and mount the tire....

I need to pick one and get ready... I am favoring BB 2WD, but will need to leave early 5am or so and get to the truck show... that will help me beat the heat.

Thanks!!

I still haven't decided which one to drive. My top priority is comfort and neither one is a clear winner http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif.... As crazy as I have been, neither vehicle has a spare tire yet!! AAA coverage has given me overconfidence.

For BB 2WD, its easy I just need to grab the best wheel/tire off the parts truck...

For Bronco, I will need to see what I have at my storage shed in terms of tires, I know I have a couple of brand new 31" tires... find an aluminum rim and mount the tire....

I need to pick one and get ready... I am favoring BB 2WD, but will need to leave early 5am or so and get to the truck show... that will help me beat the heat.

Made it there today. I am disbelief as well, just like others at Dinner but I actually got 12.5mpg on BB 2WD driving 70-75mph today. The first fill up I got 11.5mpg and I was stuck in some heavy construction traffic leaving Dallas for about 30 mins.

In the city with pure stop and go, I have never done better than 8…

Looks to be a feature of the 3.07 Dana 70HD rear end that BB 2WD came with

DDE5D53A-D046-4A1D-95D7-2B4637E24D1D.jpeg.3f3ab56705692b4330be1fc9b4ef2084.jpeg

Made it there today. I am disbelief as well, just like others at Dinner but I actually got 12.5mpg on BB 2WD driving 70-75mph today. The first fill up I got 11.5mpg and I was stuck in some heavy construction traffic leaving Dallas for about 30 mins.

Yep, you had Colin, Scott, and I in disbelief. But I'm glad it works.

Friday traffic on the 1-95 corridor it took me 2:07 to go 39.6 miles. (I filled up and left)

Rowing between 2nd, 3rd and stopped.

I'll be lucky to get 8 at that pace with 4.10's.

But there was an oily package when I arrived! 😉

I expect to be busy this weekend.

Hope y'all have a fine show!

Friday traffic on the 1-95 corridor it took me 2:07 to go 39.6 miles. (I filled up and left)

Rowing between 2nd, 3rd and stopped.

I'll be lucky to get 8 at that pace with 4.10's.

But there was an oily package when I arrived! 😉

I expect to be busy this weekend.

Hope y'all have a fine show!

Wish you could be here, Jim.

Oily package?

I have gotten 12.5 in Darth running mostly 70-75 on I-70 after some lesser MD state highways going from Exmore VA to Falling Waters WV. Darth has a 3.55 limited slip and weighs 6400 lbs empty and has 6 215/85R-16 tires on the road.

I have gotten 12.5 in Darth running mostly 70-75 on I-70 after some lesser MD state highways going from Exmore VA to Falling Waters WV. Darth has a 3.55 limited slip and weighs 6400 lbs empty and has 6 215/85R-16 tires on the road.

That’s really good Bill!

BB 2WD’s tare weight is only about 4800 lbs

I may have had some 100 lbs of supplies and parts.

I just got back home. Total trip 585 miles per odometer including back and forth to comfort inn at Owasso and a short trip I took with Scott. Used about 47.5 gallons. So averaged about 12.3mpg.

That’s really good Bill!

I just got back home. Total trip 585 miles per odometer including back and forth to comfort inn at Owasso and a short trip I took with Scott. Used about 47.5 gallons. So averaged about 12.3mpg.

Before I went MAF/SEFI and E4OD, he got a solid 10, city, highway unless I was pulling the 5th wheel, then he got 8.

That’s really good Bill!

You did really well, Vivek! It has to be that 3.07 axle ratio. And, but the way, here's a snippet from the 1984 Light Truck Data Book showing that axle as standard with a 460 2WD SRW.

1984_F350_Engine__Axle_Options.thumb.jpg.7b24d87d5e828ead5066d830935fe03f.jpg