Bullnose Forums

E15 usability in a pinch?

You said you were "topping off" how much did you have in the tank before the top off?

Where you going to use it mostly up or was the truck going to sit in the drive for weeks?

I would not think twice if I was down to say a 1/4 and was going to drive the truck and use it up in a short time. 1/2 and above I would let it sit and not worry.

I know if all the the pumps had were E15 and I needed fuel E15 is what I would use and drive on.

The other thing to remember the more "E" the leaner the mix so it takes more fuel per gallon to make the same power as lower / no E fuel. That is why "E" carbs have larger jets and passages.

EFI can compensate up to a point but carbs cannot as they are "fixed" on the fuel flow.

Dave ----

Remember, with a carb specific gravity matters.

The heavier the fuel the harder the Bernoulli effect has to work to suck it out of the bowl and into the air stream where it can atomize.

Alcohol's are pretty light.

Leaded fuel, and some of the crazy race fuels we used to run are very dense (heavy)

It all depends on the molecules, and how they pack together.

You can't trust an A/F (oxygen) sensor when the fuel contains it's own oxygen. 💡

They need to be calibrated to a specific blend ... and I don't have the metrology to accomplish this anymore more.