Bullnose Forums

Body Mount bolts. Driver Left front.

I got some side bars, they use the end of the body mount bolts to mount the front of them to. They have a coupler and screw onto the remaining tip left after the rubber ring. The end of the driver left side was covered with some kind of rubber coating, this is good as the whole underside is, however I think this one was a little tortured before doing so. The coupler can't quite get secure on the tip of the bolt. Does anyone know if this bolt can be replaced perhaps by pulling up the carpet of the cab and not having to lift the whole thing up. The rubber is in decent shape, I really just need to replace the actual bolt. Thoughts?

The bolt is covered by a metal plate held in with a couple of screws. It is roughly where the floor angles up and about 3" in from the side. So you should be able to pull the mat back from the front and get to it.

The bolt is covered by a metal plate held in with a couple of screws. It is roughly where the floor angles up and about 3" in from the side. So you should be able to pull the mat back from the front and get to it.

be aware, as is the case with many (most) of these antiques, that this bolt has seen much to cause corrosion in its years. soak it from every angle that can reach threads with a good penetrant like "free all" or "deep creep" to help you. it may come out as if it were already loosened or it may feel welded, I start out with using a six-point, impact rated socket and a breaker bar until proven. it's better than rounding the bolt head and then looking for a new tool

be aware, as is the case with many (most) of these antiques, that this bolt has seen much to cause corrosion in its years. soak it from every angle that can reach threads with a good penetrant like "free all" or "deep creep" to help you. it may come out as if it were already loosened or it may feel welded, I start out with using a six-point, impact rated socket and a breaker bar until proven. it's better than rounding the bolt head and then looking for a new tool

This is great news overall. I was worried I would have to lift the whole cab to reach it.

This is great news overall. I was worried I would have to lift the whole cab to reach it.

Two screws and the oval plate can be chiseled out of the seam sealant goop.

That body bracket tends to collect a lot of crap.

Sometimes it's not easy to undo.