Bullnose Forums

Aluminum Radiator conundrum-

Where the fin tubes are crimped and sealed to/in the tank end. Not a weld location as far as I know... same construction as a plastic tanked radiator.

M 1984 radiator was black painted brass... I think the 1985-1986 was as well (based on pics I've seen) despite the newer mounting which was used on plastic tanked 1987+ radiators.

My plastic tanked '87 radiator was anodized black.

I have one from "The Giving Truck" now....(95 F-450l

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth's was/is aluminum with crimped on plastic tanks.

I couldn’t get hold a champion during Covid, so went on eBay and picked up a generic all Aluminum one for the Bronco. 4 years on and no issues. Was half the price of champion. Maybe pick one up and then you can warranty the champion?

I tried an ebay aluminum rad for my 6.9, I had to modify the lower rad hose and trans cooler fittings. It worked for a couple of years then started to leak. Really only in the winter when it was cold.

Ended up going with a Mishimoto aluminum rad and it fit great and so far no leaks.

I tried an ebay aluminum rad for my 6.9, I had to modify the lower rad hose and trans cooler fittings. It worked for a couple of years then started to leak. Really only in the winter when it was cold.

Ended up going with a Mishimoto aluminum rad and it fit great and so far no leaks.

One of the generic ones I take it? As all Mishimoto lists for the 1985-1997 design is a plastic tanked V8-style.

If so, what mounts did you need to fabricate? Or am I looking for something they apparently discontinued?

One of the generic ones I take it? As all Mishimoto lists for the 1985-1997 design is a plastic tanked V8-style.

If so, what mounts did you need to fabricate? Or am I looking for something they apparently discontinued?

for my 6.9 Diesel, gas would likely be different. The brand seems good though.

for my 6.9 Diesel, gas would likely be different. The brand seems good though.

Right. Somehow I read 6.9 as 4.9. :nabble_anim_crazy:

The issue is 300's use radiators that are mirrored compared to the various V8 radiators. As there is a a much bigger market for V8 parts, the 300 often gets left behind in terms of aftermarket support.

Back to the drawing board...

• 1 month later...

Right. Somehow I read 6.9 as 4.9. :nabble_anim_crazy:

The issue is 300's use radiators that are mirrored compared to the various V8 radiators. As there is a a much bigger market for V8 parts, the 300 often gets left behind in terms of aftermarket support.

Back to the drawing board...

Leak is getting worse. Driving it all over the state with a boat and then to West Virginia and back (no boat!) didn't help.

Bit the bullet and bought this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296385253435

I had a 20% off coupon code to burn there.

Also ordered a fresh Motorad lever cap... as the cap included looks sketch.

Leak is getting worse. Driving it all over the state with a boat and then to West Virginia and back (no boat!) didn't help.

Bit the bullet and bought this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296385253435

I had a 20% off coupon code to burn there.

Also ordered a fresh Motorad lever cap... as the cap included looks sketch.

That should cool it very nicely, Larry. Then if you get the Champion you can sell it.