Bullnose Forums

twin I-beam and Sky Off road reverse shackle kit.

Here is my progress so far:

Fir a twin I beam you have to but(Sky recommends) Tuff Country’s axle pivot bracket pair.

My trucks previous owner just shoved two extra leaf springs under the spring shackles. The result was a really bad front wheel toe in.

Then you have to take off the bumper and grind off the rivets, then get the front shackle bolts out. No point in trying to pound them out, I tried with a 5lb sledge and only got tired. After cutting the bolt I had to step drill the hole to 7/8s. Next step is weld the new sleeve in and cut out the back pins.

I’ll upload a few pictures. I’m about 10 hours into it so far.

You can see my hangers were also shot.

The new Tuff Country drop brackets

Looking goooood! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm glad I was able to get my shackle bolts out a year or so ago when I replaced my spring bushings.

Thanks to Gary's generosity I had a really nice pair of shackles to put back in, and I didn't see any bad pitting, so I could reuse the bolts I had.

Many thanks to Gary who worked with SKY on this kit.

I live vicariously through his efforts to improve the ride of Big Blue. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Looking goooood! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm glad I was able to get my shackle bolts out a year or so ago when I replaced my spring bushings.

Thanks to Gary's generosity I had a really nice pair of shackles to put back in, and I didn't see any bad pitting, so I could reuse the bolts I had.

Many thanks to Gary who worked with SKY on this kit.

I live vicariously through his efforts to improve the ride of Big Blue. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I like it! You will certainly appreciate the change and all of the work will be well worth it. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 3 weeks later...

They tell me it does but you have to buy additional parts.

It IMG_5148.jpeg.1180ab155098d5b1f07f213573a82a73.jpegreally went on well, they didn’t have any instructions for the twin I beam but I called the boys at Sky.

Looks good and seems to drive well. Still waiting on shocks since the ones they sent were wrong so haven’t driven it but a few yards.

The drop brackets were the most difficult because of cramped areas to wrench on.

It really went on well, they didn’t have any instructions for the twin I beam but I called the boys at Sky.

Looks good and seems to drive well. Still waiting on shocks since the ones they sent were wrong so haven’t driven it but a few yards.

The drop brackets were the most difficult because of cramped areas to wrench on.

Glad it worked out for you. :nabble_smiley_good: