Bullnose Forums

How To Pay - If You Want To Do So

Guys - I'm trying to figure out the best way to move money for those of you who want to help support the site. Obviously I can take checks, but I'm thinking that many of you would like to use something online to make the transaction.

Invision has an ecommerce add on that would allow us to use Stripe, PayPal, 2Checkout, & Braintree. But, there are fees with each of those, and PayPal says theirs is "2.9% + 30¢ per transaction. No set up or or monthly fees for redirecting to the PayPal site, $30 monthly fee for accepting card payments directly." So a $100 contribution would actually net us $96.80, and we'd also have to pay an additional $30/mo just to use the service. And that seems excessive.

Instead, I have both PayPal and Venmo and plan to point both of them at the new Bullnose Enthusiasts bank account via a special email address. Does that work for you?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current opinion of Paypal is quite low given some recent situations. I can make either of those options work.

I'm not high on PayPal as they started taking money out of even gifts, like to our kids. So they had us move to Venmo, which didn't take anything out last time we used them. But they may now as they are owned by PayPal, as is Braintree.

I'm not high on PayPal as they started taking money out of even gifts, like to our kids. So they had us move to Venmo, which didn't take anything out last time we used them. But they may now as they are owned by PayPal, as is Braintree.

venmo/paypall/Zelle seem to be what I see most people use these days

Google Wallet maybe? On PayPal, usually if I send Friends and Family (you are my 3rd cousin twice removed aren't you?) there is no fee.

Google Wallet maybe? On PayPal, usually if I send Friends and Family (you are my 3rd cousin twice removed aren't you?) there is no fee.

Ok, it looks like we may be covered then with PayPal & Venmo - when I get them set up.

And Bill, I think Matt is my 3rd cousin twice removed. At least I've met him. So what does that make you, old man? (I have 5 more days where you are two years older than me.)

And Bill, I think Matt is my 3rd cousin twice removed. At least I've met him. So what does that make you, old man? (I have 5 more days where you are two years older than me.)

So, is Gary having a birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :nabble_anim_handshake:

So, is Gary having a birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes and no. Or jein. It isn’t until Saturday, but I’ll take any congratulations I can get. 😎

Cash app is another platform independent non-Paypal option that I've had good experiences with, but yeah Paypal and Venmo are fine with me, I just heard about people having trouble cashing out with PayPal, so that made me wary of them.